Based off of what I know of his dad, I don’t think thats it.
by usaf_irish (2024-04-01 16:45:49)

In reply to: His dad made 40MM in the NBA and is currently an NBA GM.  posted by SavageDragon

As far as NIL money being “love”.

I think this is a case of a kid not seeing his place in the program right now.

He played 3rd most minutes in front court as a raw freshman.
by SavageDragon  (2024-04-01 16:54:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm not in his head, obviously, but as a guy who everyone said had to fill out his frame to compete in major college basketball, starting quite a bit and otherwise being first forward off the bench seems to be a solid place in the program, no?

And his production and his role became more prominent as the
by tdiddy07  (2024-04-03 08:32:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

season went on as he increasingly earned minutes over JR. If I were him, I'd feel pretty good about where I fit on the team. Given his improvement shooting from the outside, I'd probably say he had the third most secure position on the team at this point behind Burton and Shrewsberry. Davis should feel okay about his position. But he isn't a shooter so his upside might be limited if he doesn't vastly improve that aspect of his game. Whereas Booth was becoming a more reliable shooter and becoming more aggressive on the boards to broaden his game as he adjusted to the level of competition.

I don’t know where his mind is at.
by usaf_irish  (2024-04-01 17:47:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I’d like to think he’ll decide to come back. But maybe he’s looking for a different system. Maybe he’s looking for clarification on his role within our system. Maybe he wants to be closer to his parents.

Time will tell.

He averaged 19.9 min/game. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-01 17:09:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post