Good for Matt Painter. I don’t have a dog in the fight but
by irishhawk49 (2024-03-31 16:44:12)

I’ve always thought he was a good coach. And he seems like a class act. I’m sure he took a lot of shit for losing to a 16 seed last year. It’s nice to see a coach and team bounce back and get redemption. Good for them.

Did they benefit from missed traveling call with 14 sec left
by SixShutouts66  (2024-03-31 20:59:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Tennessee had just scored a basket with 14.7 seconds left to cut the the Purdue lead to 4 points IIRC. The player inbounding the ball passed the ball to a second player behind the inbound line, which is legal. The second player didn't have a clear pass right away and ran behind the inbound line, which I thought was traveling. If so, I understand refs missing some calls because the game is so fast, but this would be basic rules.

Would have given Tennessee the chance to cut the lead to a single possession with some time left on the clock.

Purdue runs that play a lot on full court press.
by Jeash  (2024-03-31 23:07:55)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The second guy is allowed to run the baseline.

My understanding is that the player who receives the out of
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-31 21:12:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

bounds pass has the ability to run the baseline just as the original inbounder. My only evidence is watching a Princeton game where they started with three players out of bounds. The player who received the pass sprinted (with the. ball) in the direction of the pass. He then hit the third out of bounds player who also sprinted in the direction of the pass. This player found an open teammate in play.

I think Pete Carrill was the Princeton coach at the time. I trust Pete Carill.

I used it one game when I coached high school basketball. We weren’t called for travelling.

That’s all I’ve got. I don’t know what the rule is.

Every 1 seed who lost to a 16 has followed it with a F4 *
by mocopdx  (2024-03-31 17:19:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Purdue & UVa. Are they the only ones? *
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-31 17:34:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah, that was the (bad) joke *
by mocopdx  (2024-03-31 18:51:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Stanford women in 1998, but they didn't make F4 in 99. *
by Tex Francisco  (2024-03-31 18:08:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agreed…
by iudomer  (2024-03-31 17:11:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Happy for the program and Painter.

Agree, I like him and Edey.
by TWO  (2024-03-31 16:52:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Is there any evidence that Zach Edey can smile?

Photographic evidence
by Kayo  (2024-03-31 18:09:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

My best friends son went to camp at Purdue
by Jeash  (2024-03-31 16:58:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

last year and they talked about how good Edey and the rest of the Purdue players were with the kids. Edey would stay after every home and away game and sign autographs for everybody who wanted one, including opposing fans.

That’s cool. Congrats on the Final Four! *
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-31 17:03:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post