Illinois completely collapses. *
by Whiskeyirish (2024-03-30 19:56:25)

This user did not provide content for this post

I watched the second half of that game again. I have never
by Jeash  (2024-03-31 08:02:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

seen a team that good go that cold. Illinois came out and missed a bunch of wide open threes to start that second half and then it just snow balled. The shots were there but it was like there was a kid on the bucket, then they tried to play hero balll.

Underwood good at collecting talent, not coaching it
by Doggie  (2024-03-30 22:09:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Granted Connecticut is the best team in the country but poor coaching made this game a runaway. 28-0 run at one point.

UConn has had 4 straight opponents w/ poor coaching...
by Scoop80  (2024-03-30 22:34:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This was their closest win in NCAAS. Their AVERAGE margin is >30 points. They beat NCAA 2 seed MU by 16 in BET Final. Their only closer win in 7 postseason games was by 5 over SJU in BET semis. They have 1 loss in 2024.

Clem-AL is an entertaining game, but facing UConn next isn't exactly a reward for the winner.

A fair point. Though if his in-game interview was any
by tdiddy07  (2024-03-31 09:58:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

indication, his macho attitude about taking it to Clingan continued to get them bad shots, including at the expense of missing kickout opportunities for 3s. They also did a poor job of moving the ball with an aim to draw Clingan out. They should have gotten their own big guy more touches outside the paint to open up the lane for others. I also would've targeted Domask more in the post when Karaban was guarding him. He had his way early. But they stopped feeding him. Now halfway through the big Uconn run I turned the game off. So not sure if they eventually made adjustments. But was too late by then.

Illinois scored 14 points with Clingan on the floor. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-30 20:40:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

UConn is having the most impressive NCAA run in decades...
by Scoop80  (2024-03-30 20:02:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

NU merely losing to them by 27 is their closest win. Their margins coming in were 39, 27, and 30, and they're rolling in 2d half tonight.

This is a UCLA w/ Alcindor or Walton type of NCAA run.

The dunk by Stephon Castle was sick
by Jvan  (2024-03-30 21:57:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What a spin move that was.

I watched a lot of Big East this year. UConn is great
by Raoul  (2024-03-30 20:23:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They really don't have the greatest talent. But they play as a team better than anyone. You have to hand it to Danny Hurley. He has to be a great coach. Maybe he should think about he NBA because he has mastered this college thing pretty well. If I were an NBA team with young players that were talented, I would think very hard about it. He is only 51 and at the top of his coaching game. It would be like Harbaugh to NFL. And no recruiting or NIL.

He’s a great coach, no doubt. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-30 20:29:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hard to find any weak spots. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-30 20:18:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

UConn is like a tidal wave. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-03-30 20:00:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

30-0 run is impressive *
by S---Alley2  (2024-03-30 20:05:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

UConn is a bulldozer
by dwjm3  (2024-03-30 20:00:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They are beating everybody by 30.