Has Brey ever lost commits to another school?
by Athlete37 (2017-08-13 20:04:43)

Seems like it's more prevalent on the football side of things in general, but I can't remember a player flipping from ND. I remember a few that we thought we would land (the PG at Arizona comes to mind), but not losing any that verballed. Maybe this is because of the way basketball NLoI's are setup?

One name that comes to mind is Jemere Hendrix
by hollownd  (2017-08-16 09:52:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can't remember though if he was a decommit or just an early transfer.

Signed LOI but admission was denied due to sr. grades.
by SavageDragon  (2017-08-16 10:30:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He would have been in Chris Thomas and Jordan Cornette's class. He ended up signing with Clemson, but spent only a single semester there before transferring to Tennessee.

Thanks! *
by athlete37  (2017-08-16 19:51:18)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Isn't this less common in bb due to early signing period? *
by Tex Francisco  (2017-08-14 09:59:08)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I can't recall a public one.
by SavageDragon  (2017-08-14 08:41:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I seem to recall Greg Paulus was considered a "silent" commitment before pledging for Duke, but even still that's the only one of that case I can recall either.

David McClure from the year before was a similar situation
by Domer99  (2017-08-17 12:10:06)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Krzyzewski has had a knack for poaching heavy Irish leans, if not commits (silent). Ryan Kelly was another.

I forgot that he was considering us. Met him at a bar in
by athlete37  (2017-08-16 19:53:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Columbus a year or two ago and seemed like a pretty humble guy. Not what I was expecting

Going to the bench as a senior
by Ajax  (2017-08-17 12:35:02)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

(and former starter) will humble you.

He probably should have picked football out of HS.

I believe there is a youtube video of him taking one of the all time flops and IIRC the offensive player was called for charging.

Duke Basketball.