Pfleuger 3 at the buzzer beats Madrid Generals (link)
by Kayo (2017-08-08 20:36:12)
Edited on 2017-08-08 20:37:02
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to The Pit ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Just 3 games on the trip
by Ajax  (2017-08-11 20:11:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

lost game 3.

Torres leading scorer in game 2 (link)
by Ajax  (2017-08-11 20:09:19)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mr. Clutch?
by Irish2003  (2017-08-11 17:13:33)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Kinda crazy how two of our best recent tourney runs (UW-M in '03) have had endings that would scare a cardiologist!

If this universe is just, Brey will win an NC and go down as our best ever. I still remember the NDHoops.com days when making the tournament was a pretty good season, and the last few years have been a complete joyride - I can't remember the exact quote from one of the articles that came out during the tournament, but it was something along the lines of Brey being the gambler with the 3 day stubble and hot hand, and how could kids not want to play for him. He's done an incredibly job elevating our program both on the court and in recruiting (can't wait to see what this long overdue facilities thing does too), and I think we might be at the point where making the tourney is expected, S16 is more realistic than delusional, and the F4 feasible with the right draw or hot team (heck, those Kemba/Shabazz teams were pretty middling all year, but got red-hot at the right time). The fact that he's a genuinely good guy in a profession that doesn't seem to have too many (Izzo, Few, Wright?) and has represented ND with nothing but class is a great bonus too.

Were they playing the Barcelona Globetrotters? *
by cujaysfan  (2017-08-11 13:24:23)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Look upon my works ye mighty and despair. *
by Giggity_Giggity  (2017-08-09 22:51:10)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hope they're better than the Washington Generals *
by garbageplate  (2017-08-09 14:52:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Starring Rojo Klotz. *
by PWK2  (2017-08-09 17:13:34)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Couple thoughts on that
by SB Jimbo  (2017-08-09 12:00:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1) Since it's an all-star team, I'm guessing it's composed of above average players. Rex was in the game for the last possession, so that speaks to the confidence the coaches had in him.

2) Since the game was tied or close at the end, I'm guessing Rex's coach called a timeout just before that possession. It's hard to tell from the video, but it appears Rex was the decision maker on whether to shoot or pass it off. That too says something about the staff's confidence in him.

More on that shot
by Irishrudy  (2017-08-10 14:09:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No time out was called
Other team hit a shot to go up 2 and ball was immediately inbounded
Rex got the inbound and raced up the court
My guess is Mike asked coaching staff to have Rex play w the ball a lot in these games. He's typically had his guys go to work on things he needs them to build confidence in.

Here's a different video
by SB Jimbo  (2017-08-10 14:44:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The opponent inbounded the ball after a stoppage in play, but you can't tell if it was after a timeout.

I like the player
by Cliff Claven  (2017-08-11 11:01:21)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

who celebrated all by himself...
Cliffy

Understand what you mean now
by irishrudy  (2017-08-10 17:08:03)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I thought you meant after their made bucket and you are referring to dead ball. Understand! My bad.

It will be our little secret
by Georgia Hog  (2017-08-10 15:32:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that Rex travelled (blatantly) before burying the game winner. : )

He might have, but I don't think it was blatant
by pmoose  (2017-08-11 11:32:04)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It looks like 3 steps, but the left foot comes down as a pivot foot and he comes forward again with his right. Yes, his pivot does appear to slide a bit and from that aspect was probably a travel. However, it wasn't the blatant 3 (or sometimes 4 or 5) step travels I can recall from watching Patrick Ewing as a Knick for example.

It's good to be Rex, I think. *
by Beancounter  (2017-08-09 11:47:30)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nice. I hope this makes him more confident
by bleedsgreen04  (2017-08-09 09:49:36)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in taking open shots, from behind the arc or otherwise. While I realize he'll likely never be the kind of player that puts up 25 points in several games a season (we don't need him to be that guy anyway), I thought he passed up a few too many open looks this last season.

Nice *
by Stonebreaker9  (2017-08-09 05:28:29)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.