St Francis (NY)
by tb-sb (2017-04-07 10:22:53)

Jon Rothstein tweeted that we will host the Terriers(Kenpom rating-344). He also tweeted that Cam Johnson has an "ACC hold" on his transfer.
Link-https://twitter.com/JonRothstein

The ACC ought to get rid of its transfer rule. It made sense perhaps 40 years ago when there were no more than 2 teams per conference in the tournament, 8 or 9 in the conference and you would face that player 2 or 3 times a year.. But now, with 15 teams, most of whom play each other only once a year, such a restriction only hurts the ability of the conference to collect for getting it's seventh or eighth team in.

The ban on intraconference transfers is a very good thing...
by 73CAV  (2017-04-10 16:55:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

First and foremost, it prevents kids, who were lightly regarded during the recruiting process, chose a lower echelon programs, and then blossomed into a really good players, from being enticed away by elite programs. Without the rule, it isn't hard to imagine that a player like Boston College's Ky Bowman might be lured (via back channels) to Duke, a school which could very well use him. Inter-conference tampering can be problematic, but it is a bit easier within the organization. And, when it happens, things get ugly. I don't think the ACC has aspirations to emulate the SEC. (Or, imagine Duke or UNC getting word to Bonzie that his chances would be better at playing in a national championship game if he were going to school in North Carolina.)

Cam Johnson
by tb-sb  (2017-04-07 12:00:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yes, it's weird to follow p our own post, but I just noticed that Johnson has now been offered by Kentucky, Michigan, So. Carolina, Florida and other very good teams. But no ACC. He'll end up with a team that knocks an ACC team out of the tournament. As well Chase Jeter.

He has an ACC block on him *
by cujaysfan  (2017-04-07 12:38:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I didn't think you could block or limit a grad transfer but
by Rosecrea  (2017-04-07 14:01:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't follow it very closely,either.

ND blocked Everett Golson fron transferring to Texas
by Father Nieuwland  (2017-04-08 13:11:16)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Link to Fox Sports story

STFRNPA > STFRNNY
by tdiddy07  (2017-04-07 10:33:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

At least in terms of what teams I enjoy saying as if their crawl abbreviation were intended to be pronounced phonetically.

We actually played both during my time at ND
by tf86  (2017-04-07 13:47:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Although I believe it was in different seasons.

At the time, St. Francis (PA) had a player who was deserving of a place on any all-time all-name team: Napoleon Lightning.

I think they go by St Francis Brooklyn now (STFRNBKLN?) *
by Father Nieuwland  (2017-04-07 10:39:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post