DJ in D League playoffs
by KHADDAFI (2017-04-04 21:40:07)

Great stat line ...

Watch his highlights
by HolyCrossHog  (2017-04-05 00:48:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I know it's the D League, but he looks really good.

You're right, however
by Khaddafi  (2017-04-05 07:59:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

. . . I think it's going to be very difficult for him to have opportunities to get near the court in Boston. There are quite a few guards in his way, including Rozier, who has looked pretty good at the PG position this season.

Ainge collects assets and he will deal them. That's what I expect will eventually happen with DJ, unless some of the guards in front of him are moved during the off-season. The tea leaves strongly suggest a major move or two by the Cs this summer.

especially if they get the 1st or 2nd pick in the draft
by DBCooper  (2017-04-05 08:36:14)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

most likely they would take Fultz or Ball and then trade Bradley or Smart for a big man. Doesnt help DJ to break through.

The Celtics like him though, so at least he knows he has a contract for several years, and if he just keeps playing well he will find a spot, either with the Celtics or someone else will want him as part of a bigger deal.

I hope he stays with the Celtics. They are really building something and he could be a part of a winning franchise for the next 10 years if it all works out well.

Link (link)
by Stonebreaker9  (2017-04-05 05:28:42)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post