Ditto. Thanks for the Info & Describing the Mood
by dillon77 (2023-09-17 16:18:51)

In reply to: Thank you for your detailed, thorough account of the race  posted by BabaGhanouj

At some point, I've got to come to Track Town and take in an event.

Ingebrigtsen photo finish wins the 3K. 2 events/2 days, he
by Domerduck  (2023-09-17 16:52:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

is amazing. 3rd fastest of all time. Grant Fisher gets a new American record in 3k. 4 national records in this race. The 5k women's resulted in Ethiopian Tsegay getting a world record in 14 minutes breaking Faith Kipyegon's recent WR by 5 seconds. So Eugene will get at least 1 world record. Faith ran yesterday in the 1500 so didn't run today. I think sub 14 minutes will be in the future with these two women at their peak plus Chebet of Kenya who had a PB today 5 seconds behind Tsegay.

I'm watching today on TV since I am resting after a full day in Eugene with track event and Duck football game last night. Next week Coach Prime and 3-0 Buffs are coming to Autzen and I'll be there for that.

Well Done, DD!
by dillon77  (2023-09-18 08:12:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Reminds me of attending the semi- and final games in the NCAA Lax Championships in Philly this May when the Irish (finally) won the National Championship. The heat -- and tension -- just drained the energy. Happy but beat.

Heck of a meet.....thanks again for the posts.