Another nice win for volleyball (3-1).
by BabaGhanouj (2023-09-15 21:17:31)

Coach Rockwell wasted no time in restocking the team with hitter Sydney Palazzolo and setter Nicole Drewnick from the portal and hitter Ava Lange and libero Alyssa Manitzas from high school. This may turn out to be a fun team to watch.

It was an ugly win against a weak (2-8) Toledo team. ND
by MPG  (2023-09-15 23:07:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

struggled to put them away. ND's best middle blocker, Lauren Tarnoff, was not in uniform. They were losing battles at the net all evening. I hope to create a status report on the team after the non-conference part of the schedule concludes on Sunday with a visit to Toledo.

Among Toledo's losses this season are 3-0 defeats at the hands of Wake and VT, two of the weaker teams in the ACC.

I agree. I was surprised how close it was and they losing
by Domerduck  (2023-09-16 11:50:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the second set was bad. I guess I was hopeful that they were getting better pulling off that 5 set win against Oklahoma and sweeping Illinois last weekend, but this was bot that good. I look forward to your analysys.

On another front I watched the Oregon at Pitt match, teams which both made the Elite 8 last year and were ranked 7/8 before they met. That was a tremendous match that went 5. Pitt will again be a force in the ACC this year. Their Freshman from Southern California is incredible and will probably be NFOY.

Oops, I defer to MPG. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2023-09-16 09:50:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post