Oklahoma/ND VBall starts off as a barnburner 29-27. ND
by Domerduck (2023-09-09 14:42:27)

loses the first after a seesaw start losing 4 pt lead, but overcoming a 5 pt deficit to force OT. If they can't come back it will be a big loss. Oklahoma is 5-1 but was shutout 3-0 to Oregon State her in Corvallis. They have two common opponents Illinois who they both beat 3-0 and Wichita State who Oklahoma lost an exhibition at WS 3-2 and ND beat WS in their opener3-2 when both were on a neutral court at the Texas Tech tourney. Given this is home ND needs to show they can play with Ok or they will not go very far in ACC play.

Going 5 sets. ND wins 2nd and 4th set. *
by Domerduck  (2023-09-09 16:16:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What a game ND holds off 5 match pts wins 18-16 in the 5th
by Domerduck  (2023-09-09 16:43:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

set. Oklahoma challenged when ND seemed to be up 13-12 and it was barely overturned so Ok got up 13-12. They immediately went up 14-12 for 2 match points but ND got the next two. Ok got the front end of the next 3 in OT but always defended the match point. Then ND got up 17-16 when OK challenged again on an out ball they thought ND had tipped. This time they lost and Freshman Lang spiked the game winner for ND.

My hope has increased a lot for this team. Stats for the 3-2 list linked.

What a game! *
by BabaGhanouj  (2023-09-09 16:37:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I decided to switch from FB after Hartman's fumble to
by Domerduck  (2023-09-09 16:54:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

watch the end of the match. I figured I was only going to get pissed if NC State scored so why watch that when I knew this was close. I turned it on right at the 13-12 challenge.

Fun to watch the end of this great match as I had watched the first set OT loss live. Then after we won so happy to go back to the FB game to see NC State didn't score and then 2 more TDs so we now are up 21. Good decision.

For those who missed it the 1st and 5th sets are probably worth a watch for the competitiveness and some good rallies. I'll go back and watch 2 and 4 which ND won and I missed live.

Football??? Oh, yeah, I guess they play on Saturdays. *
by BabaGhanouj  (2023-09-09 17:05:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post