Volleyball?
by hibernianangst (2023-08-28 13:55:21)

How long will the rebuild take? Is there a way to use the portal?

Embarrassingly lost to a very average Texas Tech team. Now 1-1 on the season.

Jesus Christ on a crutch, this program has fallen to the depths of pathetic.

Here is an Observer article on the state of NDVB (link)
by MPG  (2023-08-30 11:03:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Lots of sunshine being pumped in that article.
by hibernianangst  (2023-08-30 13:45:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He characterizes the Texas Tech match as the comeback falling short. They were down 2-0 and lost 3-1. The final scores of the 3 sets they lost were not close. The Texas Tech website writer described their 3-1 win as commanding.

That said, I sure hope the writer is correct and they are on the road to respectability. Then again, take it from the Notre Dame softball program, hope is not a strategy.

Thank you for the link.

Well, bust my buttons!
by BabaGhanouj  (2023-08-30 12:19:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Andrew McGuinness, the writer of that piece, is from Haddonfield, NJ, home of the next NCAA Women's Basketball star, Hannah Hidalgo. I'll bet he writes about her come basketball season.