Surely we can find a fullback.
by NDMike2001 (2017-09-06 09:10:36)

In reply to: I blame the players.  posted by miamioh_irishfan

I don't think that Beasely did anything particularly poorly last night. But it's beyond embarrassing that our fullbacks are Beaz and Zusi right now.

Cameron may not have the speed that Arena wants, but he's the best we have (certainly without Yedlin). And Fabian Johnson needs to stay at fullback as well. The sooner Arena solidifies a back four, the sooner the midfield can be sorted out. There's enough talent in the attack than what they are showing.

True, the back 4 is a joke right now
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-09-06 09:20:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm just mad about the excuse making. This week we heard that playing in New Jersey wasn't enough of a home field advantage and that Latin American countries play harder due to the immigration debate raging in the political sphere in this country.

We could've played the Friday night game in front of 60k American hipster MLS fans and still would've gotten our asses kicked. The immigration debate excuse brought forth by Arena Monday and yesterday was simply laughable. It's fucking World Cup qualifying for godssake.

Well, Arena can't say 'our options suck at CB'
by wcnitz  (2017-09-06 09:53:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That aside, he shouldn't have said what he did, either.

I thought his player selection and tactics sucked too
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-09-06 10:17:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of course, he also stated that coaching in soccer doesn't really have a lot to do with the outcome of a game.

If Roy Hodgson said something like this and then lost and drew to Estonia and Slovenia in the subsequent qualifying matches, the English media would publicly shame him into quitting.

Well, no, he can't.
by NDMike2001  (2017-09-06 10:12:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Choosing two of Besler, Cameron and Gonzalez far from sucks. Playing Ream is on him.

That was embarrassing
by HTownND  (2017-09-06 09:37:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's astounding the excuses that people are spitting out