USMNT will be watching the World Cup from home.
by baloo88 (2017-09-05 18:42:36)

If I had to estimate to the nearest 5% our chances of rescuing even a point against Honduras today, I'd guess 0%.

If the second half goes as I expect, there's no way Arena should survive. This is an absolute embarrassment. We've already entered the grab-bag phase of this regime. Thoroughly dominated, humiliated by Honduras.

So will Sarah Palin
by tf86  (2017-09-18 15:22:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After all, it's in Russia, which she can see from her own backyard.

I blame Klinsmann
by HTownND  (2017-09-06 08:45:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wait, that's not OK? Son of a....

I blame Sunil...
by iudomer  (2017-09-06 10:44:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for alot of this shit. Unopposed Presidential runs leads to complacency. Sunil is a master at that.

A fish rots from the head. *
by tusk  (2017-09-07 11:57:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I blame the players.
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-09-06 08:54:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They aren't good enough at far, far too many positions.

Arena's/USSF/Soccer media excuse making for them is wearing incredibly thin.

Surely we can find a fullback.
by NDMike2001  (2017-09-06 09:10:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think that Beasely did anything particularly poorly last night. But it's beyond embarrassing that our fullbacks are Beaz and Zusi right now.

Cameron may not have the speed that Arena wants, but he's the best we have (certainly without Yedlin). And Fabian Johnson needs to stay at fullback as well. The sooner Arena solidifies a back four, the sooner the midfield can be sorted out. There's enough talent in the attack than what they are showing.

True, the back 4 is a joke right now
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-09-06 09:20:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm just mad about the excuse making. This week we heard that playing in New Jersey wasn't enough of a home field advantage and that Latin American countries play harder due to the immigration debate raging in the political sphere in this country.

We could've played the Friday night game in front of 60k American hipster MLS fans and still would've gotten our asses kicked. The immigration debate excuse brought forth by Arena Monday and yesterday was simply laughable. It's fucking World Cup qualifying for godssake.

Well, Arena can't say 'our options suck at CB'
by wcnitz  (2017-09-06 09:53:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That aside, he shouldn't have said what he did, either.

I thought his player selection and tactics sucked too
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-09-06 10:17:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Of course, he also stated that coaching in soccer doesn't really have a lot to do with the outcome of a game.

If Roy Hodgson said something like this and then lost and drew to Estonia and Slovenia in the subsequent qualifying matches, the English media would publicly shame him into quitting.

Well, no, he can't.
by NDMike2001  (2017-09-06 10:12:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Choosing two of Besler, Cameron and Gonzalez far from sucks. Playing Ream is on him.

That was embarrassing
by HTownND  (2017-09-06 09:37:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's astounding the excuses that people are spitting out

FWIW, Quioto and Ellis have been great for Houston
by plaid_pants  (2017-09-05 19:54:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

in the MLS this season. We shouldn't consider Honduras an easy game. MLS has been great for improving CONCACAF minnows.

Which is yet another problem I have with the MLS
by PaulM  (2017-09-07 08:45:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It's not enough that our best players stagnate and even regress while playing in the MLS; all of a sudden we've provided an avenue for even the worst teams of CONCACAF to catch up. Almost every single one of our MLS players was dismal on the field Tuesday, while Honduras looks better than they ever have.

CONCACAF might show up big in the upcoming WC; the MLS has done a lot for the teams and I don't think Europe is nearly as strong as people think.

CONCACAF on the road
by wcnitz  (2017-09-05 19:33:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Did anyone expect anything else from this? It's always a joke. They're playing mid afternoon in Honduras in 90 degree heat.

Getting a point here is a goddamn victory.

A full country effort.
by skip encarnacion  (2017-09-05 22:35:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Even the ball boys were being little pricks.

Yep. This is pretty much what I expected as a result.
by 3rdst  (2017-09-05 20:38:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

However, I did think we would play a little more cohesively. However, bad shit usually happens in the Hexagonal on the road.

Rescued the point.
by KeoughCharles05  (2017-09-05 19:24:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'd put our odds of qualifying for the World Cup at about 75% now.

Update: ESPN now says we have a 74% chance.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-09-05 19:37:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thank God for Bobby fucking Wood. *
by baloo88  (2017-09-05 19:23:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Big Dick Bobby *
by iudomer  (2017-09-05 19:54:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just tuned in...
by wiNDycityfan  (2017-09-05 19:15:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What in the hell is going on?!

How many players should survive?
by NDBass  (2017-09-05 18:55:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Pulisic. Anybody else?

EDIT: Bobby Wood earned a stay.

EDIT: Besler got high marks from ESPN and PST.
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-09-05 21:47:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

(I haven't seen SBI's ratings yet.)

Oh, I don't think they should be killed... *
by KevinPS  (2017-09-05 18:56:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If there's any justice in the world, I agree.
by KevinPS  (2017-09-05 18:55:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Two games 4'days apart and we've sucked left goat ball in both. The pitch looks huge and, despite all evidence to the contrary, our players think they can play kickball and win.

Our CBs are tactically...disabled. And it'd be swell if we had a few guys who could man mark and take opponents off the ball with some skill.