Altidore misses the easy shit
by spade (2017-09-04 14:17:50)
Edited on 2017-09-05 14:58:25

In reply to: Can Tim Ream suck any more?  posted by wiNDycityfan

Lol right after Altidore's whiff, at this bar I was at in Atlanta (Edit: with crappy fans) started the "Its really very simple, put the ball into..." chant which was hilarious. Right after the chant ends I yell Altidore you suck and they main chant guy (with #17 jersey) takes offense. I yell, "He IS terrible he just whiffed on those "very simple" ones you just chanted about!"

He is an OK player, but the offense cannot revolve around him. He's not a good enough striker for that. His instinct shots are good, but if given a few seconds to think about it (like his failed slide shot just before CR's second goal) he never capitalizes.

What was the name of the bar? *
by NDBass  (2017-09-04 19:53:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't remember. The bar was actually just fine
by spade  (2017-09-05 14:59:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I just didn't get along with the fans there

I corrected original post to aim my ire at the correct target

That's what I'm trying to avoid.
by NDBass  (2017-09-05 18:57:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't like a large number of the fans that just like to sing/cheer/chant just to say they're singing/cheering/chanting. What are were you in? I can probably narrow it down from there.

Answer Included
by spade  (2017-09-05 21:14:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I felt bad that I had bad-mouthed the bar which actually was an okay bar with a very cute waitstaff. It was an Irish bar, fe, fi, fo, fumb or something. Just east of GaTech campus. Are you from Atlanta?

Crowd was definitely just there to yell and moan when they thought a penalty should have been awarded. I'm hoping I happened upon a bad group and it isn't indicative of the Atlanta United fanbase.

If you are from Atlanta, how are the Atlanta games?