Well...that was ugly *
by Irish01 (2017-07-08 19:47:33)

This user did not provide content for this post

Yup
by KeoughCharles05  (2017-07-09 12:29:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Rowe was a pleasant surprise though. I hadn't really heard much of him, but he looked dangerous.

Dwyer seems to add some additional depth up top.

The rest of the field play was Sloppy.

Disappointed with Mccarty, Acosta, & Corona
by Irish01  (2017-07-09 15:12:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The central midfield was a disaster. Mccarty couldn't seem to find a forward pass. Acosta was weak on the ball. Corona might has well sat down on the field. After a strong showing a week ago or so, we are back to wondering about the midfield depth and if there is anyone capable of advancing the US performance. It looked like the US of old where the striker was a lonely position because no one could provide competent build up.

The next two will make us think it was a blip with scores of 4+ until the next half decent team takes the field.

I agree with a lot of that, but...
by KeoughCharles05  (2017-07-10 11:03:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

given that this is a complete B squad, I'm not as frustrated about how we looked. That was a lot of guys that haven't played together against a game Panama squad.

Zusi is not a fullback. The young midfielders had absolutely no chemistry. But of that squad, there were maybe two guys that would regularly be in the starting lineup? Let the young guys build up some chemistry against the crappy squads coming up and then bring in the top guys for the elimination rounds. Add in Pulisic, Nagbe, Bradley, Altidore, and Dempsey and this team will look a lot better if it can get the ball out of its own end. Would like to see Lichaj get a chance given how bad Zusi looked.

I thought Acosta looked decent on the ball.
by NDMike2001  (2017-07-10 10:36:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Overall the team definitely looked disjointed. The passes and timing just seemed off all day. But I thought that Acosta looked fairly skilled on the ball - but seemed to hang on to it a bit too long a few times.

We should have lost that game. *
by skip encarnacion  (2017-07-09 14:13:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post