Rocksteady - Regional Recap
by Sonofadomer (2017-06-27 18:28:50)

Thank you for the info going into the tournament. As I mentioned we were a wild-card invitee and we were playing the North Texas, Mississippi, and North Carolina champs. The complex and fields were top notch in Greensboro, NC, probably some of the best we've played. The referees were very good except in our match against Mississippi. Was very impressed at how the refs controlled the games and were not shy about carding players - surprising for U13. Of the 4 games we played, I would say I did not see any National team type talent. Some very good team play but not any one exceptional player - I would say our team had 2 of the top players of the 4 teams we played. It was such a great experience for the boys and was nice to be invited!

We ended up winning our group by winning our 3rd game , 1-0, against the lone undefeated team - Greensboro. Quarterfinal game was against the Alabama champs and we were up a man for 30 mins of second half but couldn't score. We ended up losing 1-0 on a free kick after a bad foul from our centerback.
Overall great experience, not sure we have the talent to make it back but it was such a neat experience.