this is why defenders stand in front of the ball
by plaid_pants (2017-05-15 20:27:10)

In reply to: Is that valid? I'm always confused on whistles and restarts  posted by spade

until the referee threatens them with a yellow card. The interpretation of the laws brings certain dark arts into the game.

I would call this the 'Right of the Weak'. I realize Madrid is neck-and-neck down to the wire and that Sevilla wasn't a guaranteed 3 points, but this seems beneath a title contender.

If it were Granada or Leganes taking that restart, OK fine. But Madrid should really be more gentlemanly than that.

LA Galaxy did it against a UPSL club! (link)
by Boston Domer  (2017-05-16 11:28:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Much more douchebaggey there
by spade  (2017-06-08 16:20:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

An opponent stops to help the cramping player. To take advantage of that by playing with an injured (only cramping) player is pathetic

That one is a lot more debatable
by wcnitz  (2017-05-16 12:19:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Why? The injured player was still on the ground. The ball was not in play. The referee should have indicated a ceremonial restart and asked for attention for the injured player. This wasn't bang-bang - there was quite a bit of time between the whistle and the restart.

On a side note, I didn't keep watching but I assume the 'injured' player was just fine.

Technically with the update last year
by wcnitz  (2017-05-15 22:03:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You don't even get a warning for preventing a quick free kick by standing in front of the ball. It's an immediate caution and then a hard restart. I actually did this to a kid a couple weeks ago.

'But he didn't ask for ten!' Doesn't need to, buddy.