28 years later - No Justice for the 96 (link)
by boethius (2017-04-15 09:16:59)

This user did not provide content for this post

What would constitute justice at this point?
by Irishlawyer  (2017-04-15 09:26:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm honestly wondering what people are looking for. From the Wiki history, it seems that a number of panels have said the fans were innocent. A number of police have been charged, investigated, and/or censured. People who had opinions contrary to the (correct) view that the fans were blameless have lost their careers. There is a fund set up for survivors. There are any number of memorials.

What exactly are Liverpool/soccer supporters looking for? What constitutes justice? I know of claims that the police "covered things up". Is there a central figure or institution that needs to go down? What would it take for folks to post "Finally, justice for the 96!"?

Justice would be those actual responsible for the disaster
by boethius  (2017-04-17 15:12:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and those responsible for the cover up being held accountable for their actions.

The families and people of Liverpool should see everyone, up to and including government ministers, and the Prime Minister, who lied and tarnished the memories of innocents be punished.

that would be a start.

I think most would say justice is underway.
by NDBass  (2017-04-15 15:14:24)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I imagine it will be considered fully achieved once all the inquests and whatnot are done. Kelvin Mackenzie dying a fiery death would help.

No doubt
by IrishCavan  (2017-04-17 11:42:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Sun perpetuated (if not fabricated) most of the bullshit myths about the behavior of LFC supporters that day.