Butts clenching in Paris
by wcnitz (2017-03-08 15:30:49)

PSG now down 0-2. Going to be an exciting second half.

FS2 will replay at 10 pm et; FS1 at 1 am et. *
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-03-08 19:08:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm just saying (link)
by HTownND  (2017-03-08 18:02:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That dive is an embarrassment for Luis and UEFA
by mitquinn  (2017-03-08 17:57:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

almost as ridiculous as the 5th official in the Ems last night.

Also this
by wcnitz  (2017-03-08 18:04:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mascherano admitted after the match that it was a foul.

That's a red card DOGSO. No attempt on the ball, attacker is clear, foul affected the shot. There are too many officials watching to miss that.

That was bad...
by iudomer  (2017-03-09 08:49:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

as was the Roberto handball in the box. Refs for this were a joke.

This kind of match is insanely difficult to manage
by wcnitz  (2017-03-09 09:18:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Officiating mistakes are unavoidable because of the intensity, the diving and the pace.

This match is a great testament was to why the center referee needs access to an official watching video replays.

Big rumor going around that the 5th official on the line for the Arsenal-Bayern match saw the video board replay of Kos's foul on Lewandowski, and informed the referee that Kos made no attempt on the ball (flipping it from yellow to red). If true, that's both massively unprofessional and yet another reason why the referee needs access to an official video review process.

I thought I read
by HTownND  (2017-03-09 10:22:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That it was yellow but switched to red because the center ref couldn't see that it was a last man situation, and that is what he confirmed with the fifth referee.

I suspect we'll never know, but would be interesting to see the match report

Two things on this
by mitquinn  (2017-03-09 11:03:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

IIRC I think by rule the field ref should have given a straight red by rule if no attempt on the ball. I could be wrong. If that is the rule, then he could have been correcting his initial call. Im not sure what the protocol is there, but Im giving him an out.

Also, Martinez should have been booked for shouting down and interrogating the 5th official. Disgusting sportsmanship, but every team needs a player like that and Arsenal have not one.

The change itself was proper
by wcnitz  (2017-03-09 11:17:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because it was definitely not a play on the ball and clearly a DOGSO situation. But using the video board is the problem. It's hard not to look at it as an official but it's currently outside the LOTG.

Thankfully, the Bundesliga is using VAR next year and that should hopefully open the flood gates to allow officials access to it legally.

BTW, you're spot on in regards to Arsenal. They definitely lack that fight. I've probably watched them 20 times this year and it seems like most of the time, when things go the wrong way, the mental fortitude is not there.

I could write a book
by mitquinn  (2017-03-09 11:32:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

on the wonderful attributes: loyalty, on field autonomy, team before individuals etc., that Wenger has tried to preserve.

The sea of change within football, PL and debt servicing model all came at the wrong time for Arsenal and Arsene. That doesn't even get into the change in physical quality he chose to pursue (low center of gravity vs power/pace).

Still something to admire, but it is impossible to take the club beyond.

So here we stay...

Based on what's coming out of the board today
by wcnitz  (2017-03-09 11:40:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Nothing at Arsenal will change unless Arsene decides it is time.

What a ridiculous post
by DakotaDomer  (2017-03-08 18:01:49)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

There's no way anything embarrasses Luis

The alternative angle clip is just hilarious
by wcnitz  (2017-03-08 17:59:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I mean really hilarious.

My head! My face! WAIT I MEAN MY NECK!

async src="//v.embedcdn.com/v1/embed.js">>

That was terrible
by HTownND  (2017-03-08 17:58:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Just embarrassing.

Everything else, holy crap

Where can I watch this?
by DakotaDomer  (2017-03-08 17:39:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Looks like a lot was already spoiled but I must watch

The Fox Sports twitter accounts have most of the highlights
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-03-08 17:46:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This link has it all too.

Champagne goes back in the fridge
by wiNDycityfan  (2017-03-08 16:17:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cavani makes it a 3 goal must for Barca. No way they can come back from that can they?

Yeah they're done
by wcnitz  (2017-03-08 16:32:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Air went out completely after that Cavani goal because of the away goal implication.

I am enjoying this.

Don't look now.... *
by ndroman21  (2017-03-08 16:44:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Mother of God. Screw Atlanta, this is historic *
by wcnitz  (2017-03-08 16:44:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

3 goals in final 7 minutes....5 of which were injury time. *
by ndroman21  (2017-03-08 16:48:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Whoever did not get to watch this, do yourself a favor
by wiNDycityfan  (2017-03-08 17:06:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Watch from 85th minute on. Unfuckinreal.

Twice the had the tie totally in the bag
by wcnitz  (2017-03-08 17:02:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Twice! After the first leg, and after Cavani's goal. Never seen anything like this before.

Yeah Suarez is a diving asshat (and probably should have been sent off after a clear second dive) but there is just no excuse for that kind of bed-wetting, butt clenching choke job.

Plus DiMaria and Cavani flubbed clear 1 v 1's
by santamonica  (2017-03-08 18:05:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

to send them on with 3 away goals. Talk about adding insult to injury.

Giroudesque *
by mitquinn  (2017-03-08 20:35:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I was thinking more Walcott-esque
by santamonica  (2017-03-08 21:48:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

B12 and I always cringe when Theo is 1 v 1 - guaranteed to launch it over the bar.

haha, indeed
by mitquinn  (2017-03-08 22:35:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

speedy mcdribbles.... right into the feet of the opposition!

The only thing redeeming from Piers was his nickname of Ox Chambo: Walcott with Brains!

It almost makes me, as an Arsenal fan, feel better.
by ndroman21  (2017-03-08 17:10:30)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not a lot better, but at least there's company.

I'd much rather be in Arsenal's position
by wcnitz  (2017-03-08 17:15:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is a scarring event for a PSG fan, without a doubt.

Remarkable finish. *
by NDAlum1995  (2017-03-08 16:51:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post