Place your bets on Chicharito joining MLS in 2 years *
by DakotaDomer (2017-02-27 16:27:37)

This user did not provide content for this post

MLS business plan is to take on Liga MX
by plaid_pants  (2017-02-28 12:43:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

or it certainly seems that way. Chicarito is the next strategic asset needed to pry viewers away from Liga MX.

Liga MX has higher ratings in the US than MLS currently, and MLS games shown on both UniMas and Fox/ESPN get higher ratings on UniMas.

Assuming Chicarito is willing, this will definitely happen even if it takes a new Beckham rule. I assume Gio Dos Santos will put a good word in for the league for Hernandez.

People keep saying Atlanta or LAFC, but I have to think LA Galaxy. If Gio and Hernandez are both on the same team and both playing against Liga MX in the NACL, that would likely make them the most watched team in Mexico. Galaxy will have to trade a non-Mexican star to LAFC to make everyone happy.

I'd prefer sooner rather than later
by wcnitz  (2017-02-27 19:38:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He'd do quite well in the MLS, and I think he'd be happy here.

I don't know which teams are vying for his services
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-02-27 16:50:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But he would make the Chicago Fire relevant pretty quickly.

Other than all of them....I think the La La Land clubs
by DakotaDomer  (2017-02-28 07:30:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Are the ones with the most interest

I'm a former Fire supporter
by Irishlawyer  (2017-02-27 17:00:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

and he would get me to go back to that south side hellhole, probably regularly.