Serbian ref for Bayern/Arsenal...
by iudomer (2017-02-15 15:33:08)

why UEFA why? No penalty on Lewandowski. Joke.

This sums up Arsenal's day (link)
by wcnitz  (2017-02-15 17:23:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

A nice curb stomp
by wcnitz  (2017-02-15 16:55:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Glanced at the stats, something like 70% possession, almost 700 passes, 24 attempts and 11 on target (and many off target were not that far off).

Second handling probably should have been a PK, missed by the officials. First definitely was not. I think the ref was a little soft on Arsenal, particularly Alexis and Xhaka. Didn't matter, though.

And smooth move by Lahm picking up that yellow so he can take the return game off.

500 more passes than the Gunners...
by iudomer  (2017-02-16 07:18:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

500!! Whatever gameplan Eagle had, it didn't work.

Placing Coquelin
by mitquinn  (2017-02-16 11:22:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

at a distribution midfielder isnt much of a gameplan.

Shameful
by mitquinn  (2017-02-16 00:45:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Those are almost identical to the stats of the CL game I attended at Allianz... except the opponent was little sisters of the poor Pilsen.

There is hope (spoiler)
by 330morrissey  (2017-02-15 16:32:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wenger can lead the lads to a 4 -nil win at the Emirates and Arsenal can win on away goals.

Looks like (spoiler)
by ndsdsub  (2017-02-15 16:07:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bayern is making the refereeing irrelevant.

I haven't been watching
by HTownND  (2017-02-15 16:12:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But the ESPN commentary was hilarious:

30' Goal! FC Bayern München 1, Arsenal 1. Alexis Sánchez (Arsenal) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the bottom left corner following a set piece situation.
30' Penalty saved! Alexis Sánchez (Arsenal) fails to capitalise on this great opportunity, right footed shot saved in the bottom left corner.
29' Penalty conceded by Robert Lewandowski (FC Bayern München) after a foul in the penalty area.
29' Penalty Arsenal. Laurent Koscielny draws a foul in the penalty area.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but he missed the pen but banged home the rebound immediately, right? So he did capitalize on that situation, right?

Yes
by ndsdsub  (2017-02-15 16:20:25)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Missed the penalty but got a rebound.

3rd try...
by iudomer  (2017-02-15 16:16:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1st save by Neuer, 2nd was a whiff on the ball...

pivots to his right, volleys on third attempt scores.

Thanks
by HTownND  (2017-02-15 16:18:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll have to watch the highlight. I assume it was all pretty bang bang stuff.

Link for anyone curious

PS (watch the Robben goal, holy hell, how long has he been doing that)

A Reddit meme
by wcnitz  (2017-02-15 16:53:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Le Cut Inside Man

There's actually a compilation video floating around that they keep adding to of all his left cut back goals.

It's simple, it's obvious, it's hard as shit to stop.

I saw the description of "He moved to the middle from
by G.K.Chesterton  (2017-02-15 16:23:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the left" and thought "I've seen this story before."