Dortmund 3 Benfica 1
Bayern 4 Arsenal 3
Real Madrid 5 Napoli 2
Atleti 4 Leverkusen 1
City 4 Monaco 3
Sevilla 3 Lester 1
Juve 4 Porto 2

Hijack: why does Europa League have an extra group match? *
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-02-14 10:09:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't think they do
by wcnitz  (2017-02-14 11:27:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

48 teams grouped into 12 groups, each with a home and away against the other. Winners and runners-up advance.

24 left, then 8 added from all the 3rd place teams from the CL. That starts the round of 32 - I assume that's what you are referring to with the extra game.

Pretty sure that's how it works, unless I'm missing something.

According to my trusty Yahoo sports app
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-02-14 11:31:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Never mind, I don't think I read it through properly the first time.

It's still mislabeled in Yahoo, however.

My picks...
by wiNDycityfan  (2017-02-14 09:31:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

No different than yours, except I think Dortmund - Benfica may be a toss up.

Barca over PSG
Dortmund over Benfica
Bayern over Arsenal
Real Madrid over Napoli
Atleti over Leverkusen
City over Monaco
Sevilla over Leicester
Juve over Porto

I give PSG a fighting chance
by wcnitz  (2017-02-14 08:13:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They've been playing well since the new year, and I like how Draxler fits in with them.

Spoiler...
by iudomer  (2017-02-14 15:32:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

so far so good. Draxler looks reborn.

Spoiler
by santamonica  (2017-02-14 15:59:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Where was this DiMaria at Man U? Amazing free kick and 3rd goal for PSG.

It's a pounding now
by wcnitz  (2017-02-14 15:58:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Don't think Barca will play this poorly at home, so 3 is a good number.

But I'm also good with 4. Or 5.

Wow...
by iudomer  (2017-02-14 16:17:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cavani's goal.

This is the thing with PSG
by HTownND  (2017-02-14 16:36:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

They can look like this, then inexplicably, just get routed in the next round of the competition.

It's really crazy to think they had this team plus Zlatan (and less Draxler) last year.

I think this was the perfect team to attack Barcelona
by wcnitz  (2017-02-15 10:06:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Midfield attack dogs, forward play mindset.

Matuidi and Rabiot were rabid yesterday. Just incredible. Saw a stat that Rabiot won nearly every challenge in the first half and didn't lose possession once. They went right at Barcelona's press and right by it.

If PSG moves on and plays a team with a midfield with better control and a tighter press - (a healthy) Bayern for example - it won't be that easy.