HALA MADRID!!! Y NADA MAS
by KnightlyRevue (2024-04-17 17:48:53)

What a game. I almost died.

Congratulations to Real Madrid.
by CuzTeahan  (2024-04-18 13:36:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

As a City fan, that was a difficult match but both ties so well played all I can say is that's football.

Really well played game and setup by Madrid.

City is a terrifying team.
by KnightlyRevue  (2024-04-18 18:57:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This is what makes Champions so fun. My favorite ones are the ones where a team has to run through gauntlet. If Madrid can pull of City - Bayern - PSG that would be special.

Looking forward to a renewal of the rivalry
by wcnitz  (2024-04-17 20:57:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Should be a great tie, hopefully Bayern is healthier by then. Really could use Gnabry, he's much better in CL than he is in the BL.

Also, this time we have VAR.

I kid!

kinda

Always hard for me with Bayern
by KnightlyRevue  (2024-04-17 21:21:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I really like the club and they always have players like Mueller, Robben, Ribery, Neuer, Ganbry, Kimmich, Schweinsteiger, Lahm, Lewie etc etc etc. who I admire and love watching.

Haha… this time we have VAR…gulp! Haha.

I hope we see a classic.

Apparently Thomas is going to retire after next season
by wcnitz  (2024-04-17 21:26:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It will be a sad day. There will be tears.

I will be distraught *
by iudomer  (2024-04-18 14:37:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Resilient defense and now up to FCB
by SCOANGERS  (2024-04-17 18:07:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Real's precision and technical accuracy were impressive but Guardiola did not help his case as Ancelotti was smart to get Real ready to play and defend low block..now truth to be told City should have won this game 9 times out of 10
Lunin is incredible on penalty
Now up to what I call the Champions league classico against FC Bayern

Wow - I thought the remontadas were tense!
by Irish2003  (2024-04-17 18:04:41)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Until ND wins it all, Ramos '93 is up there with MJ's first title on my sports Rushmore, but this one may take the prize for tense given City's attacking prowess. I'll defer to those more fluent in Castillian slang, but esfonja is the best I could come up with for a game like this where we just absorbed nonstop pressure against another top-calibre team, gave up a tough but fairly-earned equalizer in their house, yet stayed calm in extra time and the shootout.

I didn't expect much after Courtois and Alaba's injuries, but Lunin & Rudiger have been outstanding, and the guys slotting in like Nacho, Brahim, Vasquez, etc along the timeless midfield, 4 lung Fede, and Jude/Vini/Rodrygo has been a treat. Despite my dislike for City's initial funding, they play some attractive soccer, the players seem quite likable, too, and a hat tip for what they've done on the field.

Same amigo.
by KnightlyRevue  (2024-04-17 18:07:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I expected nothing this year. Carletto is a genius and one of the best all time. We did not play well today and to win at the Etihad given City’s record is nuts. On to Bayern.