For all of the things that Chelsea have gotten wrong
by HTownND (2024-04-15 15:49:47)
Edited on 2024-04-15 15:56:04

And that list is legion, the past few years.

Cole Palmer is decidedly not on that list.

Personally I'd keep Palmer and Gallagher and sell the rest of the whole squad, and build around those two.

They are going to let Gallagher walk, which is a damn shame. Mount leaving wasn't great, but his demands were absurd. We're not even trying to keep Gallagher, which is criminal.

What is it about Mount you’re hung up on?
by wiNDycityfan  (2024-04-16 00:24:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Besides being a home grown Chelsea academy product, which means little in the bigger picture, there isn’t anything about Mount- mind you, the money you reinvested from his sale- you should be nostalgic about. I can either go at it eloquently or save everyone a paragraph or two. I’ll choose the latter- he fucking sucks.

It was brilliant business for Chelsea, sold an unremarkable player for 55M GBP and brought in an amazing talent that is actually producing substantially like Palmer for 40M, who ironically happens to be a boyhood United fan.

So, back to Mount, he’s a bang average Brit whose biggest accomplishment this season has been wearing on the #7 while running around like a headless chicken. Funny though, as good a shirt seller #7 is, he isn’t driving them sales.

In closing, Mason Mount makes me wish (*gasp*) Fred was still around. I felt his signing was a mistake from the outset, and it took me two preseason games to see it was going to be a big waste for club and player. For fucks sake, 55M, coming off his worst season, with 1 year left on his contract, and no clear need for him.

Typical United.

The problem
by HTownND  (2024-04-16 09:41:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

He created unnecessary drama on the way out of town.

He is middling. And his wage demands were absurd.

But the problem is how he left, how he and his dad acted, etc.

I'd be happy if he was still at Chelsea, not getting paid like a top PL player (because he's not).

But it's the way he left that was a problem.

Mount seems like a guy
by wcnitz  (2024-04-16 07:23:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

That started off working very hard, then started listening to his own press more than his trainers and staff. English media can't help themselves when it comes to younger English talent, and sometimes I think it has a negative effect on players.

I think he has a good ceiling, but like many other players he won't reach it.

And his dad
by HTownND  (2024-04-16 09:48:28)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

His dad meddled quite a bit on his way out of town. Chelsea offered him similar terms to Reece James. James signed that deal, Mount wanted more, and his dad was his agent and caused a lot of the problems. His dad thought he should be the highest paid player at Chelsea.

Well, he looks bound for the scrap heap at United…
by wiNDycityfan  (2024-04-16 10:00:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Blocked by Bruno, collosal mistake to play them together (two #8s plan was scrapped 5 games into the season, especially with an aging Casemiro), and the development and revelation Kobbie Mainoo has been.

His only chance is to come off the bench at the 85’ or to an injury to our best player and captain.

Are fathers ever good agents?
by spade  (2024-04-16 10:00:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Sure, Messi's dad is his agent, but Messi's talent sells himself. I'd place Neymar Jr. (father) in that same level.

I'm asking more about the Mason Mount level player. A quick search shows the Hazard father is their agent, but he was also a footballer before which may help (Perhaps Mr. Mount was too?). It just seems like a losing proposition to have someone unabashedly biased managing your affairs.

P.S. Anthony Martial finally leaving United…
by wiNDycityfan  (2024-04-16 01:19:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Since the club renewed his wages to 250K GBP per week, this crystal vase motherfucker has missed 493 days of action.

Greatest heist in the history of sports. I hope he goes to Saudi and gets his fat ass broken in tiny little pieces.

Rant(s) over.

I think the tigers fan with Baez might argue that *
by fourputtmd  (2024-04-16 14:53:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I hadn't realized he was still on the team *
by TCFC  (2024-04-16 14:02:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post