Report: Alonso not coming to Liverpool.
by G.K.Chesterton (2024-03-29 05:01:11)

Honorary Bayern president Uli Hoeness said Thursday that hiring Alonso this summer is "probably impossible," and now sources at Liverpool have told ESPN that the club have chosen to pursue other targets because of an understanding that Alonso is ready to remain at Leverkusen for at least one more season.

It continues to sound like Alonso will be heading to Real Madrid down the road.

A bit of a risk for Xabi
by KnightlyRevue  (2024-03-29 11:37:46)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Madrid is not reliable when it comes to expressions of intent; especially if there is a dip in performance (even a slight dip). Nothing wrong with betting on yourself but banking on Papa Flo giving you the job should you finish 7th in the Bundi next year is precarious. Additionally, any candidate for the Madrid job will have to contend with 2 things:

1. Raul Gonzalez is never going away and will manage Madrid someday.

2. If Zizou does not get the French National Team job after Euros he will absolutely be a candidate to make a 3rd Madrid run after Carletto leaves; especially if it is after next year. Do not be fooled...both Flo and Zizou are addicted to each other and if Mbappe and Yoro come to Madrid it will be French National Team light with Mendy, Camavinga, Tchoumeni, Mbappe, and Yoro on the team.

This wreaks of Michael Edwards.
by NDMike2001  (2024-03-29 12:42:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Edwards and Klopp had some issues because Edwards uses his money ball approach and views people as fungible goods. If they don't like his terms, he's onto the next target. Klopp understands the approach but puts a premium on certain qualities and holds out for his guys.

In this instance I can see Edwards pushing Xabi to make an early decision on his timeline but deciding that he's content to hold at Leverkusen rather than make a hasty decision.

I'm sure Florentino made some promises, but it's certainly a risk. I think Xabi will be a great manager. But I also thought Naglesmann was a can't miss. Now I'd prefer Xabi and think Nablesmann and Amorim are a toss-up.

Yes Alonso just announced it at a press conference
by SCOANGERS  (2024-03-29 09:24:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Now it will be interesting what FC Bayern will do