Great news, surprised but not shocked based on how quickly..
by Cavanaugh82 (2024-03-27 05:51:59)

In reply to: Eva Gaetino Joins Albert on USA Team for SheBelieves Cup  posted by dillon77

Eva has asserted herself into the PSG starting lineup and excelled. She must have already been on the radar and her performance has convinced the decision makers to bring her in.

Yes, her height is an additional quality that works in her favor but she has been very impressive in her ability to initiate offensive situations from the back line.

If she shines in these games is a spot on the Olympic team a possibility? First things first.

Good Point on Playmaking
by dillon77  (2024-03-27 09:08:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We saw more and more of that during her senior season; as Eva would push the ball upfield from her center defensive slot (perhaps making up for the absence of her current PSG teammate, Korbin Albert?).

She's developing even more, perhaps like a Jackie Young on the pitch?
Keep it going, Eva.

p.s. Those forays at ND were usually covered by her back-line partner of many years, Waniya Hudson, whom I thought was something of an afterthought in most end-of-year honors. Does anyone know where she is now>

Re: Winaya Hudson, I agree with you that she was the...
by Cavanaugh82  (2024-03-28 06:36:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

dependable backstop to Eva and was a four year starter. The only thing that I could find about her now is that she joined Electric City in the L1ON (League 1 Ontario) in Canada in June last year and played all 90 minutes of the eleven games that she was on the roster.

In February of this year she was a non-rostered invitee to be a training participant at Gotham FC, sort of a soccer tackling dummy I guess.

Thx for the Search. Looks Like She's Going Here & There...
by dillon77  (2024-03-29 10:47:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...in various leagues to move sideways, up, over and hopefully up again, much like things are a bit in hoops for those that don't make it in the WNBA.

Good luck to her....