Txs thats interesting just to think about German scenarios
by SCOANGERS (2024-03-26 14:43:32)

In reply to: Jan Åge Fjørtoft, who covers the Bundesliga for a number  posted by G.K.Chesterton

The german press has been leaking (but it maybe wishful thinking) that he does not want to go to Liverpool. For Bayer, I read a recent statement by Simon Rolfes (who replaced Rudy Voller) who said contrary to 2 months ago that he may not stay

But again if you are Xavi Alonso and decided you stay at Bayer you need to make sure you keep the team or at least field a competitive squad. And after an Euro is difficult to keep the players whose value will go up: I can see them losing Grimaldo, Wirtz, Jeremie Frimpong -given the right side deficiency at FCB I'm sure they may try to get him) .

On the reinforcement they have shown interest in Chris Führich but its a lot of money and Leverkusen cannot compete in a bidding war

And then there is the "Die Werkself " and the fact Bayer (the company) is not doing super well and has apparently mentioned they are not going to over invest

So if FCBayern can get 2-3 players including Wirtz, it maybe tough no to follow them. Dont forget Champions leage final in 2025 is in Munchen