Madrid gets Citeh
by KnightlyRevue (2024-03-15 07:28:22)

Let’s go dwj!! Haha…let’s see how it runs. City could score…A LOT! I was hoping that Madrid would at least get the return draw. Didn’t get that either. Such is life in the Champions.

Most intriguing matchup for me is Bayern v Arsenal. Arsenal has a load of games, is in the hunt for the EPL, and hasn’t shown all that much in Champions. Bayern can be a sieve at times this year but seems to have potentially righted the ship in the last 2 weeks. Tuchel is better in Champions. Great matchup.

I hope Barca can find a way to end PSG. I doubt it but it depends which PSG (and which Luis Enrique) shows up.

Ouch! I would not have guessed Atleti/Barca would go further
by Irish2003  (2024-03-16 02:57:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Carletto did just mention we'd have to beat them to win it all anyway, but I would have preferred a semis, or of course Finals match up.

-Atleti-Dortmund should be a good one, but that madman will pull one out.
-Ditto Bayern-Arsenal, although wouldn't mind Arteta finally breaking through.
-Barca is of course the blood rival, but still respect them more as a program than the Bank of Qatar, their players seem somewhat likable even if Xavi, and hopefully this diverts them and Atleti from La Liga
-I'd actually feel pretty good about a healthy Madrid, but the injuries have been brutal. That said, when the CL anthem comes on....

Aleti over Barca; Citeh over Bayern; Citeh over Atleti. Hope I'm wrong!

I'm surprised Madrid, Bayern, and City are all on the same
by dwjm3  (2024-03-15 10:02:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

side of the draw again. Playing Madrid is becoming an annual tradition, Knightly. hahah

That said I welcome it as the Champions League is all about marquee matchups. City will have to go up a gear to make it through this draw. I guess we will see how much we have in the tank this year.

It is sort of a baptism by fire for Arsenal. This is a rough draw when your team doesn't have much recent experience in the Champions League. If they advance to the final, they will have earned their stripes. If they get knocked out they still get a lot of valuable experience.

Called it *
by wcnitz  (2024-03-15 07:39:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hope it's on 5-1 *
by iudomer  (2024-03-15 17:44:37)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Careful
by wcnitz  (2024-03-18 12:51:34)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Arsenal supporters.........................10 2 take that stuff personally.