Simeone was much more inspired than Inzaghi
by SCOANGERS (2024-03-14 18:08:02)

In reply to: There is Athletic Club de Bilbao & Atletico de Madrid.  posted by KnightlyRevue

Agree los Colchoneros looked awful in Liga but had an incredible statistics: over the course of the 50 home games in Champions League Simeone only lost five games...I think Pep and Mourinho are the only one that got close and they get stronger roster

I was really impressed by Simeone tactical strategy - Interisti always played a 3-5-2, Simeone choose to oppose a 5-4-1 in the defensive phase. With an incredible aggressive press with Griezmann, as always as disciplined as he is generous, and the never exhausted Llorente. The downside is to put defenders in 1-1

Griezmann goal came out of this synch pressed

If Sommer and his goal post had not interfered, qualification could have been acquired without going through extra time. And without there being much to complain about (2.19 XG against 0.96 in favor of Atletico).

I still don't understand why Inzaghi was so cautious, he finished the game with five central defenders ...some Intersiti have some serious issues when they go to this

By the way the sad part of Atletico fans is again what happened to Vinicius - racism is alas post Covid back in Serie A and in Liga