Athletico-Inter today
by SCOANGERS (2024-03-13 22:58:05)

By far the best game of of these 1/8th finals. Physical intensity, tactics, technical attitudes , suspense, atmosphere and great refereeing.
Everything was there. These 2 teams are in the European top 5 and had their place in 1/4 but it was necessary to choose the winner.
I kept saying Athletico has been one of the most impressive story over the last 15 years
Teams will have to be very strong to take out Atletico. Monstrous Oblak on penalties

For inter I cannot phantom how players can liquified like this and miss mentally shots o including during the penalty session

There is Athletic Club de Bilbao & Atletico de Madrid.
by KnightlyRevue  (2024-03-14 16:17:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The two shall not be crossed.

And on Atletico...they are very strong at the Metropolitan and awful everywhere else. They are consistently getting clubbed (See Cadiz last weekend...2-0 loss...could have been 5-0) away from home. The draw and how it lands (which leg is at home) will be very important to their advancement.

Simeone was much more inspired than Inzaghi
by SCOANGERS  (2024-03-14 18:08:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agree los Colchoneros looked awful in Liga but had an incredible statistics: over the course of the 50 home games in Champions League Simeone only lost five games...I think Pep and Mourinho are the only one that got close and they get stronger roster

I was really impressed by Simeone tactical strategy - Interisti always played a 3-5-2, Simeone choose to oppose a 5-4-1 in the defensive phase. With an incredible aggressive press with Griezmann, as always as disciplined as he is generous, and the never exhausted Llorente. The downside is to put defenders in 1-1

Griezmann goal came out of this synch pressed

If Sommer and his goal post had not interfered, qualification could have been acquired without going through extra time. And without there being much to complain about (2.19 XG against 0.96 in favor of Atletico).

I still don't understand why Inzaghi was so cautious, he finished the game with five central defenders ...some Intersiti have some serious issues when they go to this

By the way the sad part of Atletico fans is again what happened to Vinicius - racism is alas post Covid back in Serie A and in Liga

I would love to see Athletico versus Arsenal
by dwjm3  (2024-03-14 10:51:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Arteta's reaction to Simeone's dark arts would be entertaining.

They're gonna get Bayern
by wcnitz  (2024-03-14 11:49:08)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because that's just how fate works.

Hahahahaha *
by DakotaDomer  (2024-03-15 16:45:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think Real Madrid is going to get PSG
by KnightlyRevue  (2024-03-14 16:19:05)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

or Bayern. I have a feeling Barca will get City. In any event, there are fantastic story lines throughout. Bayern v Barca would be a treat...given the holes in Barca's D I would think 8-2 might seem like a picnic.

Would love to beat them with Kane on the squad. 2-fer. *
by Wooderson  (2024-03-14 14:27:18)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

You're awfully confident *
by wcnitz  (2024-03-15 07:39:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Go hard or go home.
by Wooderson  (2024-03-15 10:58:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Plz let us be healthy...

Arteta's refusal to sub deep in the match is a problem.

Make it so, Number One *
by santamonica  (2024-03-14 23:08:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Bring it on.
by Wooderson  (2024-03-14 11:39:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We're getting some rest, and if we get Partey and Tomi back we'll have some fresh legs.

Feel like we're in for a Barca/Bayern revenge tour, though.