ND women beat Texas A&M
by Dude87 (2017-11-17 23:13:42)

Win on PK’s after 2-2 game. Gave up tying goal with less than two minutes left, but win PK’s 4-1!

Unbelievable missed opportunity with 5 left in 2OT
by Radi-skull  (2017-11-17 23:22:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Goalie over committed so wide open net, but player took way to long to settle and couldnt get the clean shot off. I'm glad we won for obvious reasons but also because it would have been agonizing for the her if the ladies lost

Great game - very entertaining
by doozie  (2017-11-18 09:46:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I agree on the missed opportunity. At this level I would expect a player should be able to cleanly strike that ball without having to settle it - but I am far from a soccer expert. Also, I couldn't believe we gave up the tying goal with under two minutes - we had two defenders on one A&M player at the top of the box and she was still able to win the ball and score. I guess that's the excitement of watching college kids play - lots of ups and downs. It was great to see the team not fold after what could have been a huge momentum shift giving up that late goal. We should have a great opportunity against Baylor - go Irish.

Couldn't watch it because it was on SECNetwork through ESPN
by Domerduck  (2017-11-18 11:17:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

It was frustrating and the replay isn't shown. 5 matches on SEC home fields involving SEC teams were not available unless you have SECN. The one they did show was USC/Baylor at A&M so hopefully they will make the ND/Baylor game accessible to all.

I found it interesting that the ACC (Duke & NC sites) were available to all on ESPN, but not SECN. This was only 5 matches. 6 of the matches were on other networks. The Stanford and UCLA home games (both matches per site) were on PAC12 Network and the two matches at Penn State were on BTN.

Tomorrow's game currently listed on ESPN3 at 7:00 PM ET. *
by NDBass  (2017-11-18 18:38:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post