#WembleyWoes
by alleghenyirish (2017-11-01 19:20:08)

Get fucked

So sensitive
by HTownND  (2017-11-01 21:21:58)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Congrats on a big UCL win. Welcome to the club.

Do you prefer 4th in the EPL?
by IRISH01  (2017-11-01 23:38:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

COYS!

Nope, I prefer winning
by HTownND  (2017-11-02 01:12:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

But none of you knew who Spurs were or weren’t alive the last time they pulled that off.

PS - I know you know this but we won last year.

Because why not
by HTownND  (2017-11-02 01:32:36)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Spurs have won 16 major trophies that still exist in the past 120 years

Prem - 2
1951 and 1961, it’s been 56 years since they won the top flight. JFK was president.

FA Cup - 8
1901, 1921, 1961, 1962, 1967, 1981, 1982, 1991. It’s been 26 years since Tottenham have lifted this trophy, HW Bush was POTUS

League Cup (now the Carabao Cup Spurs were just bounced from that apparently Spurs fans don’t care about) - 4
1971, 1973, 1999, 2008. W Bush was finishing his second term. Almost didn’t count these because an astute Spurs fan told me no one cares about this competition.

Europa League - 2
1972 and 1974. Nixon was POTUS

Dele Alli was 12 the last time Spurs won a trophy. Harry Kane was 15. Like Bale before them, they will eventually leave to win something/anything.

Chelsea have won 17 major trophies alone since 1996 during the middle of the Clinton admin. We have more if we also go back 120 years, and we sucked for a huge swath of that time.

Prem - 5
2005, 2006, 2010, 2015, 2017

FA Cup - 6
1997, 2000, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2012

League Cup - 4
1998, 2005, 2007, 2015

Champions League - 1

Europa League - 1

Congrats on having more Europa titles than us though

I’m not even a Spurs fan
by miamioh_irishfan  (2017-11-02 09:06:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I support Liverpool (for what reason, I have no idea). I just find you slightly annoying on this board with all the crowing about every Spurs loss or dropped point.

Thanks for the heads up
by HTownND  (2017-11-02 13:03:13)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I don't have an internal tracker.

And I assure you, other than the Wembley Woes post, which was an instigation, the rest have been in response to Yay Spurs, we are awesome, Harry Kane is the best ever, etc.

Threads I've started since the beginning of August

Wembley Woes - discussing losing a home match to West Ham in the Carabao Cup where they blew a 2-0 lead
Chelsea Smile reference during a broadcast
That was a great Strike - calling out the great goal by DeBruyne to win the City/Chelsea match
Spoiler - from the 9/27 UCL match against Atletico where I said I'm not going to mind trading Costa for Morata.
By Felicia - celebrating Costa moving to Atleti officially
Diego Costa needs a new lawyer - making fun of Costa and his lawyers demands from a position of weakness
wcnitz and other rules folks - Question about a penalty in the Burnley match against Tottenham. To be clear, here was the text "If that hadn't gone in for Burnley, red card and penalty?" No malice or intent, was just curious how others viewed the play
Chelsea and Tottenham at Wembley - if no one expected any comment about beating Spurs in a league match at Wembley, well, OK
Barca spending that Neymar cash - talking about the Coutinho and Dembele rumors

As I said, I'm going to walk away, and everyone can just assume my canned response to the Spurs circle jerking back here, let the weekly posts of their awesomeness continue unabated. I will say, not having the NBC sports Gold Package, I'm watching fewer Chelsea matches and more of the rest of the league, which has been entertaining and interesting.

What weak excuse do you have for hating Tottenham?
by Irish01  (2017-11-03 13:37:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

If I recall correctly you weren’t born and raised in Chelsea. Are you Russian? I’m starting to wonder if you are a Russian bot inserted by the Putim regime to disrupt the rational soccer fans on this board. I won’t stand for it! U-S-A, U-S-A!!!!

Loans for Shares United F.C.
by mitquinn  (2017-11-04 14:03:09)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Whats not to love?

The deaths left in Roman's wake of the aluminum wars wasn't enough to quench his thirst for precious metals. He needed trophies.

I only hate Arsenal
by HTownND  (2017-11-03 18:49:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

And that hate is 100% driven by the fact it is my brother's adopted team (and it's easy to hate Arsene from the outside)

I don't hate Tottenham, but Bass has it pegged below.

There's a lot of talk of Tottenham greatness and a fairly empty/dusty cabinet that doesn't support the talk.

But I think it's time I tell you, the plot of The Americans was about my family, and we were sent to take down Prince of Peace, Willowbrook Mall, Champions, Cypress Creek, Notre Dame and US Soccer, in that order

I don't think he hates Tottenham.
by NDBass  (2017-11-03 15:58:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I think he hates their fans for crowing without winning anything.

And hate is probably a strong word. He's just a stirrer. And I find it entertaining.

He does hate Tottenham
by irish01  (2017-11-03 20:54:38)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Prove me wrong

He’s also anti catholic and thinks the Irish are a weak breed.

It’s unlikely he could grow a full beard as a junior in high school

Ha
by HTownND  (2017-11-06 17:58:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Me at 16

Agreed. Soccer board is underrated banter. *
by skip encarnacion  (2017-11-03 16:45:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Its nothing we're not used to
by alleghenyirish  (2017-11-02 09:27:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The group here in Chicago are embarrassingly pathetic, their chairman has called us all anti-Semitic, which is strange, because a large portion of our group is Jewish.