Further Comments by the Turners on Bri
by dillon77 (2017-09-08 16:34:55)

Apparently, ND released this statement from Brianna late Wednesday:

“I’ll be sitting out this upcoming 2017-18 season and focusing on making a complete recovery,” Turner concurred in a statement released late Wednesday night by Notre Dame. “I look forward to returning to the court next season and working toward our goal of winning a national championship.”

And her father Howard is heavily quoted in the attached article. Besides talking about Bri and his own knee injuries, he lets folks know that the Turner home was largely untouched during Hurricane Harvey (just a fence was damaged).

I can relate to his comments.
by NDBass  (2017-09-09 14:47:12)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm largely past any psychological effects of my two ACL replacements, but I also still wear my ACL brace. I don't get how high level athletes can get back to playing at the level they do without one. Perhaps that's one of the reasons why they are and I'm not.

They made the right decision. Brianna deserves the chance to
by MPG  (2017-09-09 11:20:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

show what she can accomplish during a full injury-free season.