Duke AD White Extends Coach's P's Contract....
by dillon77 (2017-08-29 17:44:59)

Duke has extended women's basketball coach Joanne P. McCallie's contract through the 2020-21 season. Athletic director Kevin White announced the extension Monday. Terms were not disclosed, as is customary at the school.

Longtime ESPNw WBB basketball writer Mechelle Voepelwas note impressed: "Well, Duke opts to punt again as opposed to making a change to the status quo of its WBB program" she tweeted. "Guess we shouldn't be surprised."

Duke subscribers to The Boneyard are besides themselves and most denizens of The Boneyard are kind of happy given McCallie's lack of success against the Huskies, plus she's now become a supplier of "bigs" to Geno A.

So, I went to the ND site to see how she's done against Muffet McGraw and the Irish over the years.

"McCallie is 2-10 against Notre Dame with a 2-0 mark during her tenure at Michigan State and an 0-10 record since moving to Durham.

"Notre Dame leads the all-time series, 15-1, and has won each of the last 13 meetings since an 80-62 Blue Devil victory on Nov. 22, 1997 at Cameron Indoor Arena. At 16 games, the Duke series is by far Notre Dame's longest against any ACC school which was not also once a fellow member of the BIG EAST Conference, doubling the seven-game histories against Georgia Tech and North Carolina.

"The Irish hold a 9-0 record against Duke since Notre Dame joined the ACC for the 2013-14 season, recording a 5-0 record in regular-season contests and a 4-0 record in the ACC Tournament."

According to a few tweets, Coach P. was kept for recruiting. You'd think Duke AD White might've checked these results in the ACC to see how Coach P is doing against one of their rival programs (umm, she did better at Michigan State). Having watched virtually every one of these
Duke-ND games over the past few years, I have no idea what's going to happen after Lexi Brown and Rebecca Greenwell graduate...two self-starters who I admire tremendously.

Funny thing is, there is a Duke graduate who has built a program up well in the ACC and acquits herself well...it's just that Katie Meier and Miami seem to be a match made in heaven.

Replies: