Christyn Williams schedule of visits
by RISteve (2017-08-28 14:45:00)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Looks like Geno gets the last shot. Per Raoul (link, below)

I am not holding my breath on this recruit...taking the "cautiously optimistic" approach

Also Trying to Take a Low-Key Approach
by dillon77  (2017-08-29 12:13:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

After going through the Megatron and Evina exercises last year, I'm endeavoring to keep (emotional) involvement with this particular highly rated recruit to a bare minimum.

Obviously, top-level D1 hoops is the aim of the her recruiting vision with UConn, ND, UCLA, Texas and Tennessee the finalists. Outside of that, I don't see a whole lot in common in her school selection: ND and UConn run somewhat similar offenses and both have Hall of Fame coaches; Tenn. and Texas both wear orange; and UCLA is in L.A. So, I'll kind of sit back and see what happens. Not get too high or get too low.
One thing I have noted is that Willams plays AAU Ball with Charli Collier, who has already committed to UConn and they're making that trip together.

Perhaps some of my stance has also been influenced by the amount of recent transfers and changes in commitments, not just at ND but in D1 overall. With that in mind, MM had an interesting quote in the story that was posted the other day which said she still had up to three spots open for 2018 if "there was mutual interest." I don't think that comment was a throwaway and might indicated a (renewed?) focus on fit. Katlyn Gilbert has been a long-time commitment to ND who has not wavered; and, while she may not be at William's level according to ranking services, I'm cool with the bird in hand who has a good chance to stay in the nest. (Plus her tapes from this summer looked awfully good.)

Hopefully, Chistyn Williams will find the right place for her and the same with the school that recruits her. If it's ND, great. If somewhere else, fine. Until then, let's see what plays out.

(However, I do have a slightly more optimistic take on Jordan Nixon for some reason...like her growth curve over the years and a team/school like ND seem like a good next step.)

#1 & #2 to Geno
by ram  (2017-08-29 13:39:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for the reasons stated by you in your post. Perhaps, #3 as well when all is done.

If Geno wants a player, he almost always gets her. Hold me...

------------------------------------------------------------------

ND keeps getting top recruits but UC is getting even better ones.

For classes 2015-2018 (so far), ND has 7 recruits averaging 29.6 ranked while UC has 10 averaging a rank of 10. If they add the #1 recruit (They will), the gap becomes bigger.

2015: 1,6 & 23 vs. 10,13 & 24 with 13 gone already
2016: 3 to 5 & 11 with 5 gone already
2017: 1, 13, 16 & 29 to 30 & 56
2018: 2 & 1? vs. 24 & 52

They might end up with 9 players ranked in the top 25 (5 in top 3, only 4 until Williams commits) over these 4 years while the Irish have 4 top 25, none higher than 10th.

I left off unranked players.

They can't all start for UConn, and some will transfer, in
by Indy77  (2017-08-31 14:27:01)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

which case ND can catch the leftovers now that the xfer hurdle has been
jumped.

And, usually a real difference maker when there is one in
by Tim Kelley  (2017-08-29 21:32:15)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

the class, who of course thrives when surrounded by the other quality players.

Speaking of Nixon, here's a great article on her...
by goirish01  (2017-08-29 12:52:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hope we get her at ND!

Thx for posting this article...
by dillon77  (2017-08-30 06:27:32)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Interesting update by the local Queens, N.Y., paper. Seemed that the transfer from Horace Mann to Mary Louis Academy was good for her in numerous ways, as it was for Danielle Patterson, as well. Looking forward to seeing how the visit to campus this weekend for the Temple game goes.

Could be we wanted or she wanted to come on football weekend
by NDoggie78  (2017-08-28 15:56:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Our October home football games are Oct 21 and Oct 28 - both later than her Oct 13 UConn visit and would probably interfere with her start of season

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.