Christyn Williams rumored to drop Baylor from her list
by RISteve (2017-08-22 16:44:37)

Per Raoul (link below):

If true, she is down to five schools, including ND

I'm listless. Who else is on the list? *
by drmurray  (2017-08-23 11:58:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Top 5
by badelman  (2017-08-23 12:55:29)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Excluding Baylor I believe Ms. Williams Top 5 are:
Notre Dame
UConn
Georgia
UCLA
Texas

Tennessee, rather than Georgia....
by dillon77  (2017-08-23 13:23:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

for Ms. Williams round out that top 5.

Georgia, however, is a finalist for Jordan Nixon, along with UVA, UCLA, Ohio State and us.

Thank you
by badelman  (2017-08-23 18:22:56)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I knew I saw UGA somewhere. Thank you for the correction.

Love Raoul! He has all the scoops! *
by Goirish01  (2017-08-22 21:02:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good news! I've given up Raoul. Thanks for culling. *
by sixtythreer  (2017-08-22 17:12:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Culling. Such a Cool Word....
by dillon77  (2017-08-23 08:45:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One that is not used as often as it once was but is absolutely spot-on in this era of internet-based research.

verb (used with object)
to choose; select; pick.
to gather the choice things or parts from.
to collect; gather; pluck.

Thanks 63'er for plugging it back into my (active) vocabulary.
(You can tell this is a slow time in women's hoops!)

Looking at September, it looks like
- Christyn Williams will visit Tennessee, then us and UConn sometime after that.
- Jordan Nixon comes to South Bend, then UVA and Georgia?

Williams falls in the Walker/Westbrook category of player so I'm not getting too high or too low about her.
On the other hand, I'm hoping Nixon/ND fall for each other big time in early September. MM seems set on another true point guard and it would be superb to get one of Nixon's ilk if it works out.

Off to culling some more....

Dillon77, keep giving us your terrific recruiting updates.
by sixtythreer  (2017-08-23 16:53:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Thanks.

While others simply collect and disseminate,
by BabaGhanouj  (2017-08-23 11:25:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

McGraw's Bench culls.

Just like coach's recruiting practices, I'd like to think that we are choosy in what reaches our open court or forum.

We glean, sift, optate, or (my favorite) winnow. (If Dillon can use the dictionary, I can summon the thesaurus.)
(Full disclosure: I've never, to my knowledge, used "winnow" in speech or writing, but I'll try in the coming season.)

Remember, the "Great American Blog Post" is still waiting to be written. I'm betting on the posters here. (I still can't get "she turns to Coach McGraw and mouths ‘Boley, Schmoley'" out of my mind.)

(Yes, you can tell this is slow time in women's hoops!)

I lean toward "glean"! *
by MPG  (2017-08-23 19:08:27)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post