Excellent BGI report on WBB situation .... (link)
by sixtythreer (2017-08-19 09:35:59)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

Boy, the part about Marina, that's worrying me more than it
by Jon  (2017-08-20 11:39:17)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

should, I hope.

Her being down for any length of time is just unthinkable to me. So much responsibility will have to fall on her this year.

Really hope it's nothing serious.

Great article. Thanks for pointing it out! *
by Fighting_Artichoke  (2017-08-19 16:25:54)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Jordan Nixon will visit ND on September 2nd which indicates
by MPG  (2017-08-19 16:18:43)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

serious interest, especially after dropping her two closest to home schools,St.John's and Rutgers, to add ND. Raoul believes that she has already visited several of her other finalists.

Let's wish all of the injured players a complete recovery. As others have mentioned, Muffet is sounding closer to having Brianna devote the upcoming season to reaching 100% readiness for '18-'19.

The comparison of Danielle Patterson to Erica Haney caught my eye.

Thank you for linking this helpful article!

Thanks for the article
by RISteve  (2017-08-19 13:24:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Great info!!

Williams visit on 9/30 sounds great. Taking 3 more recruits is terrific news too--please take Dara!! --although if she had been offered, she would have committed already.

Now, Westbeld out til Sept/Oct does not give me a warm and fuzzy. Also, Kat had a bone "bruise" which turned into surgery and a long recovery. Let's hope Marina's bone "bruise" is a little different

Walk-on? Really?

Up to 3 more recruits
by Dave Winkler  (2017-08-19 13:08:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'll take Nixon, Williams and either ONO or Egbo. I think Mabrey goes elsewhere; just a hunch.

"...if there is mutual interest."
by dillon77  (2017-08-19 14:34:10)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To paraphrase the article, "McGraw said there is room to add at least three more recruits if there is mutual interest."

On the big person front, Egbo announced her final choices and we're not one of them, so I'm thinking it's ONO or 2019 on bigs.

As for the guards, I think her going after a "true" point guard to make up for Scott's decommitment offers insight that she does not want to have a combo guard -- whether it's a vet like Marina or Mychal or a youngster like Gilbert -- take the lead pg slot for a year, if preferable.

Nixon obviously knows Peoples is coming in 2019 and still added ND (back?) to her finals list. I like that. Also like that she seems to have visited most of her other finalists already so we could be in a position to leave the last(ing) impression. She's a smart kid academically, having attended Horace Mann before Mary Louis Academy, and did a good job with Danielle Patterson in leading Mary Louis to the Catholic School title last year.

As for Christyn Williams coming Sept. 30, I'll be attending a super tailgater where the chef makes the best pork pull I've tasted in years..... :-) Would love to have her join us!

According to various NJ Shore sources and CharlieBball over at the Boneyard, Dara is down to two choices, which are apparently high level. Either she wants to go her own way, we don't want her (can't figure it totally) or there's a pecking order of sorts. We'll see....

I'm thinking another big in 2018 is not a critical need
by Dave Winkler  (2017-08-19 14:50:15)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

ND will have Shepard, Cosgrove, Patterson and Vaughn. It's also looking more and more like Turner won't be playing this season. Muffet is also qouted in the article as saying it's not fair to Brianna to throw her out there in January, even if she's ready. The question would be does she then come back for another year of school or just turn pro? All indications are she loves the school so I think she would return.

So then how many bigs does ND pursue in the '19 class? Has to be at least one. Turner would definitely be gone and maybe Shapard depending on her status for this season. Do we consider Brunelle to primarily play the 4 or the 3 as a tall wing? From what I've read she can probably play either position.

Quality "bigs" are always in demand. *
by BIG MAC  (2017-08-20 14:05:31)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Agreed, if it plays out the way you describe...
by dillon77  (2017-08-19 16:39:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..in your post. In fact, the Irish could be loaded in 2018-19 in/just outside the lane with Brianna, Jessica, Mikayla and the Long Island Danielles.

Getting a Sam Brunelle in 2019 would, of course, be superb. While she has offensive acumen at the 5, 4 and 3, I'm not sure she has the lateral quickness to guard some 3s. Hence, see her more as a 4, with Kat- and Erin-like abilities. I love her composure...been there, will do that.

If Mik Vaughn progresses offensively as MM hopes she will, that kind of combination would be great, along with skill sets of the Danielles. Who knows, could fit in a "traditional" forward there to augment all this...a Diamond Miller, who is well-rounded, or Faith Masonious, solid in the lane and just outside, from New Jersey come to mind. Or a Breanna Beal or Rickea Jackson, a slasher, from the Midwest?

Back to 2018 -- eally glad to see that Jordan Nixon and Christyn Williams are coming to campus this September....

Yeah, if BT is back, that is a contender yr. for sure! *
by Jon  (2017-08-20 13:50:28)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.