Not to belabor a point but
by linkster (2017-08-08 22:48:54)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

In reply to: No complaint with any of the invitees.  posted by BabaGhanouj

I absolutely think that the primary purpose is to evaluate possible future national team members to the international game. As far as I know there is no such thing as a FIBA U23 championship and only the 4 countries involved have such a thing. The Japan tournament is nothing more than exhibition games. The fact that 5 of the 40 invitees had already excused themselves from the Japan trip supports my view that the practice and scrimmages in Colorado Springs were preliminary auditions for the 2022 Olympics and the games in Japan are nothing more than an exposure to the international game for many of the players who hadn't played FIBA ball since the U19 games, if at all. Of course you could be right but I think my opinion make more sense. It fits in with USA BB's stated intent to establish a developmental program to replace the past practice of simply picking an all star team to send to the world's and the Olympics with little history of playing together.

Replies:

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.