SB Tribune article with MM quotes
by RISteve (2017-08-04 18:43:31)
[ cannot delete ]   [ Edit ]   [ Return to McGraw's Bench ]   [ Show All Thread ]   [ Ignore Poster ]   [ Report Post ]   [ Highlight Poster ]   [ Reply ]

This is interesting.

Some thoughts on Briana (no MM quote), Jessica Shepard possibly becoming eligible this season?, Marina "lingering ankle injury", Kathryn and Mychal surgery timelines, Italy trip, MM thoughts on transfers, first comments by MM on frosh, and team chemistry.

Enjoy. Link, below.

A few thoughts:
by MPG  (2017-08-07 14:21:22)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Good for Arike!

I hope that Marina's ankle heals quickly.

The comments about Jessica Shepard make me view her as a stretch 4 who can probably guard the low post. The appeal for 2017 eligibility was a surprise to me. Perhaps this is a sign that Brianna is likely to miss the '17-'18 season...

Lili Thompson will be a good addition with a different style.

I expect Mikayla to challenge Kristina for playing time in the low post.

Danielle Patterson seems to be headed for an Ariel Braker role for '17-'18. This should be helpful.

Thanks to Eric Hansen for this feature even with football practice underway.

Is there anyway that Oregon can send us Ionescu in exchange for Boley?

An article with some substance, thanks
by BabaGhanouj  (2017-08-05 07:42:06)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

To reference just one area of the article, Muffet McGraw hints that we may expect more from Mikayla Vaughn than her cumulative 67.5 rating from the four main rating services. I'm not exactly sure why, because I haven't seen much of her play, but from the little clips I've seen, I agree with Muffet's hint.

Vaughn
by Orangutan  (2017-08-07 12:11:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

She did very well at Paul VI. If I recall correctly, she was the leading scorer and that team included highly rated '18 post Amira Collins, Honesty Scott-Grayson, and Ashley Owusu. I think she was also the league MVP (in the highly competitive Washington Catholic Athletic Conference).

But the ranking services don't really respond to high school play that much. They are mostly based on AAU.

Just from the clips I've seen, it seems like she may need a little refinement (also noted by CoachBill and Bret McCormick) but I do think she will be very good with time.

Saw her at Paul vi 3 times
by NOBBYDOMER  (2017-08-07 15:25:47)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I posted my observations many moons ago:
She runs very well with an athletes body
She cut to the low post on offense and looked for the ball
She fought for rebounding position on both ends
What really impressed me as she was very vocal on offense and defense (let her teammates know what she was seeing)
I did not see her look for her shot,except low post,however....but we have plenty of shooters!

Excited to hear this about Vaughn
by goirish01  (2017-08-07 12:35:55)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Can't wait to see her in an Irish uniform this season!

Yeah, something about her suggests exceeding..
by Jon  (2017-08-07 11:57:23)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

.. expectations. Definitely see her being more of a factor than Diamond,

Also see her eventually being more a factor than Kristina.

And she has great size!

That's not a very high bar. I'd hope that she would be
by Tim Kelley  (2017-08-07 13:08:49)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

much better than both of them, but I have nothing to go on...except hope.

The contents of this post represent the views of the author. NDNation.com is not responsible for its contents.