Olivia Owens commits to Maryland
by RISteve (2017-08-02 10:48:47)

Per Raoul. Link, below.

Shakira Austin Also Attending Maryland....
by dillon77  (2017-08-02 13:24:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...so you'll have two tall forwards/posts (6'3" for Owens and 6'4"or 5" for Austin)in that class. Wonder if both can play at once?

So, it would be appear MM and Niele are setting sights on Olivia Nelson-Ododa and/or Queen Egbo if they intend to get one more post in 2018 to
join forward Danielle Cosgrove.

Or, with transfer Jessica Shepard starting up in fall 2018 and Brianna Turner possibly coming back for one more year then, is that as critical as it seemed when MM made that comment (pre-Shepard, I think)?

Or, from the recruits' perspective, there's lot of established posts between me and the floor in 2018 (Turner, Shepard, Vaughn, Patterson). And all but Turner are back in 2019 with Cosgrove having a year under her belt.

Interesting.....

I admit it. I've been a waffler.
by BabaGhanouj  (2017-08-02 14:12:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

First I thought Christyn Williams was absolutely crucial to the program. Then I thought, no, we need Olivia Nelson-Ododa. I've also been intrigued by Queen Egbo (how can one not be?). Now, my belief in a savior is waffling.

The one area in which I haven't waffled is the belief in quality over quantity. The sins of de-commitment, transfer, and unhappiness over lack of playing time, to me, are greater than the sin of possible injury. I think the chance of the later is less than the chance of the former. Give me one top 5 over two or three mere all-Americans.

To see dillon list again our bigs and knowing we have Arike, Marina, Lili, and Jackie with more guards on the way, makes me very happy with our prospects. Yes, I'd like to have a healthy Turner, but recruiting is not going to mend that. At this point I'm going to stop worrying and leave our salvation in the hands of Muffet McGraw.

With bigs, might want peaches on those waffles....
by dillon77  (2017-08-02 17:19:24)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

..rather than pecans or whatever they flavor they prefer in Texas.
Queen Egbo announced her final 4: Baylor, FSU, Mississippi State, Texas.

So O N-O (from Georgia) or bust for the 2018 bigs (at least that we know of...) She's supposed to make an announcement on her finalists shortly, so we'll see soon enough. But as we've all discussed, I'm not as concerned about this as earlier in the spring with the addition of Ms. Shepard to the bigs in 2018.

Back to the guards/wings.....

Well Put
by badelman  (2017-08-02 15:26:20)     Delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Although I'd still love either (or both) Christyn or Olivia commit to ND, along with Dara. I think we are in a pretty good spot. Jessica Shepherd was a huge get, getting Turner healthy would be great, but if she has to sit out a year then so be it. I mean that would give us a year with Turner and Shepherd down low, maybe Marina running the point and Arike and Jackie on the wings - I'll take it.