Thx Steve....These quotes struck me as interesting.
"Jenna just felt that she wasn't quite sure about Notre Dame," Matt Brown said. "She really likes Muffet [McGraw] and her staff. She did a lot of thinking about it before she decided to reopen her recruitment."
Matt Brown said his daughter is considering Virginia, Vanderbilt, Georgia Tech and Stanford.
- If you're not quite sure about ND, why not take another visit in, say, late August -September when the students and faculty are on campus. Square things away one way or another.
- Or is that a tad too late for the second evaluation period in later July?
- Unless there's an "also" missing from "(also) considering Virginia....," I'd say his daughter is quite sure about not attending.
- As Ted said, whether this is tied into the Peoples signing or for other reasons, if Jenna Brown does not want to be here, so be it: better to find out early so the Irish can find someone who does for the long haul.
- BTW, I think I remember reading that Peoples said she'd do whatever MM needed her to do when she came aboard. Keep that in mind for the next guard prospect.
As mentioned, next evaluation period is in late July. Look forward to whom MM, Niele and co. observe this time around.
- As for Stanford...well we know what Jenna would get from Tara and that university. GT and UVA are ACC programs on the rise where Ms. Brown could help move it another step forward. And Vandy has Steph White.
To your point, if you not that sure about Notre Dame, don't schedule any other visits, and then say the schedule to decide is in the near future. Those all signal one thing (to me IMHO), she's not going to ND.
However, the "also", or lack thereof, is from the author of the piece, not Jenna or her father. I'd be more certain Jenna is completely gone if it was a quote.
...but it's pretty obvious that's not going to happen. In any case, I'm in agreement with you.
Even if there's still a sliver of possibility, I'd bet a bottom dollar that MM and Niele will observe and recruit as they deem fit and as Ted implied they should.
I wonder if a Jordan Nixon of NYC is still under consideration/still interested. According to the "Times Ledger" of Queens, she has an offer from ND (along with Tennessee, FSU and St. John's) and Niele has gone to see her play whenever she went to see Danielle P., since they both played for The Mary Louis Academy.
Things get more interesting and interestinglier....
After the experience we had with Patberg returning from injury you can't blame ND for recruiting another point guard in 2019. If Jenna became upset/concerned about that then it's better she move on. You never know how players will recover from major injuries and you have to cover all the bases. I think we have learned how devastating it can be to lose a player when you have a limited bench.
We were incredibly fortunate that Lindsay Allen was there for every game. There is no guarantee that ND's next point guard will be that invulnerable, or even that fortunate.
We saw that difficulty the team frequently had when Lindsay was in foul trouble.
When you play for the ACC title and National Championship from game #1 every season, Muffet
can't prudently risk going with only one point guard. That is why she brought in Ali.
I hope Jenna reflects on what Muffet is trying to achieve. I hope Jenna reconsiders, but that does
not seem likely at present.
I felt with Jackie, Jenna, Anaya, and Katlyn on the floor at the same time, the opposition would have
to face the most dangerous athletic group of guards they were ever likely to see.