I'm tired of checking for transfers every 30 min. I am ext
by Anotherjoe (2024-04-26 06:34:04)

extremely optimistic about the team ND has right now and believe they can go to the finals if not win it all.

But I'm pessimistic that a meaningful transfer will occur from this hell called the portal.

So I'm going to give up looking and come back in a month or so unless there are questions about this post.

Recognize that I am an old grouch and I'm used to starting in the same parochial school for 8 years, going to the same high school and university for four years. The only reasons to change were life events like a parent got transferred or you got expelled. Then I worked for the same company, although six different locations, for 37 years.

I am a dinosaur who liked the past it was good to me. This huge meteor, the portal, is trying to wipe us out.

I hope coach gets what she wants but I think she's got what she needs already.

I've said I'm a very Optimistic person but Pestimistic on TP *
by bohratom  (2024-04-26 12:44:21)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Still bummed by the demise of the Bohr atom? *
by ufl  (2024-04-26 13:12:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Internet still talks about the Bohr atom so it must be true
by Anotherjoe  (2024-04-27 02:22:51)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Because the internet never lies! Bill Gates said so.

I just checked back to see if there were questions about my post and I find a debate about Danish physicists? !?

Look on page 60 of the General Chemistry text
by ufl  (2024-04-27 10:35:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

that I was assigned by Emil Hoffman. It's still around in textbooks but deals with quantum mechanics in an ad hoc way.

But there was a play "Copenhagen" that had Bohr, not sure
by Anotherjoe  (2024-04-27 11:20:31)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

what he said to Heisenberg because the guy behind me kept coughing (in 2002 this was ok).

So Bohr must be right. Or maybe that's why Emil T gave me a C one semester.

Who do I believe the internet, Broadway plays, or Emil T?

This has been a nice diversion from the portal but I suppose we must return to the reality of Emil T and Dr. Gajda and the spooky world of quantum mechanics.

I guess I will go away again and await the lack of news.

⚛️😂👍 *
by bohratom  (2024-04-26 15:03:39)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

11 and 1/2 minute half-life allows for a lot of things
by SixShutouts66  (2024-04-26 13:43:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Element 107 rules

U-235 💣☢️ *
by bohratom  (2024-04-26 15:06:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I have to admit
by MackDaddy82  (2024-04-26 12:02:20)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

a week ago, I thought we would have the transfers in announced by today.

Patience, some perspective:
by GriffinGold16  (2024-04-26 09:04:59)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

1,303 players have entered the portal this year.

Only 373 have a new school so far, plus 20 who have withdrawn their name from the portal.

There are still more than 900 names out there, and still five days for players to even enter the portal.

Notre Dame will get someone. When, and who, remains to be seen. But they will. I'm refreshing constantly as well and it's hard not to get impatient but we just have to trust that it will happen sooner or later.

Yes - so far to go yet. And then you have prospects who
by Raoul  (2024-04-26 11:23:32)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

committed somewhere and then decommitted for 2024 or 2025. Less a factor for ND, but the turmoil is massive. People are still entering the portal based on who is coming and going. Very dynamic. This is all pretty precarious for coaches and their rosters.

We’ll see ya back in an hour. *
by NDMike2001  (2024-04-26 08:25:33)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Try every 15 minutes *
by drmurray  (2024-04-26 06:50:52)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

What time is that in South Bend? *
by NDLAW88  (2024-04-26 06:53:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post