Instagram sluething never steered us wrong, right?
by GriffinGold16 (2024-04-19 09:50:41)

In reply to: Anyone?: What are chances Nat or KK return?  posted by Irishwest

I saw something about Timea Gardiner recently following coach Ivey and some players, so I went and snooped out Nat and KK's recent follows. (Yes, I felt creepy doing so.)

Nat recently followed a few of the staff and players at Miami (Florida), and Georgetown. KK recently followed a few of the staff and players at Florida State.

That's not to say that each player will go to those places, but they've definitely been actively looking.

My thoughts: KK would fit in well at FSU, I think she would take the starting spot that Sara Bejedi left behind, but provide a bigger body for them. She wouldn't be top billing, that would still be Ta'Niya Latson, but FSU's offense lets everybody eat who shows up to the table. Plus, the two of them were on the All-ACC Freshman team a few seasons ago, and KK can definitely hang with them.

Meanwhile, Nat at Miami with the Cavinders is an interesting prospect. They are losing Kyla Oldacre, Latasha Lattimore, and Lazaria Spearman. They need height and Nat would probably start - plus, it's a new coach, so any players they get are absolutely necessary. Georgetown is an interesting idea, she would still get to play at her favorite opponent (UConn) and hopefully help the Hoyas continue their upward trajectory that they started in this year's Big East tournament. She would certainly be a bigger fish in a smaller pond, but presumably Georgetown/DC provides her with ample opportunity to do whatever she wants off the court, which as we know is a huge part of her character.

----
AGAIN, just because they followed those people doesn't mean anything, so this is entirely speculative.

While we're on the topic, yes, Timea Gardiner did recently follow some players and Coach Ivey. The only other big transfer prospect who follows coach Ivey is Janiah Barker. Kiki Iriafen follows a few players. Liatu King follows only Hannah Hidalgo. Only in Gardiner's case were most of these follows recent, the rest just seem like holdovers from previous connections.

On the topic of Gardiner, it seems (also from Instagram) that she is currently in Provo with the BYU team. That's only about an hour away from where she grew up, so it's very very possible that she is merely there visiting friends.

Replies: