Based on Your Reseach, Should We Be Seeing Something?
by dillon77 (2024-04-18 06:37:19)
Edited on 2024-04-18 06:43:12

In reply to: Should we be worried yet?  posted by irishfan2008

...seems right. It's April 18th, which is just one day after Anna and before all the rest (I'm not counting Maya due to her particular situation.)

- It's been posted/written that both Caitlyn Weimar and Liza Karlen were on campus at some point. Weimar looks to be taking another visit to NC State (which strikes me as prudent given how much of a premium bigs carry at all times).

- If there is continued mutual interest between them and ND, the next step would be fir admissions and academic offices to review applications and trasnscripts, right? I've got no idea how long the give and take between ND and other schools/departments take.

- After that point, yes, it would be great to see some white smoke or a post on instagram/X.

- As we've all discussed, Niele is very particular about players. This year is made even more interesting because the Irish -- at 4 of their 5 positions -- look loaded to make a run at the Final Four. They have two young talents coming off injury on the bench and a 5-star post coming onto campus.

It could be a hard sell to some players who are used to being the focus of their former teams' attention.

- But Niele needs players. At least, two. Probably three, to be safe. Got to think the whole staff is working overtime.

Let's see what the next week brings, if Karlen/Weimar announce (and where they're going.), it could tell a lot.

Go Irish.

(p.s. That's the practical, get-things-done side of me. The fan in me is nervous, yes.)