Should we be worried yet?
by irishfan2008 (2024-04-18 05:05:39)

Based on past transfers an announcement should be imminent.

Anna -- April 17, 2023.

Kylee and Jenna Brown -- April 26, 2022

Ebo -- April 28, 2022.

Becky was the transfer who announced the latest during the transfer window, May 4, 2023.

Dodson was the earliest announcement on Feb. 2, 2021 due to sitting out the 2020-21 season.

Eric Hansen mentioned on WSBT radio yesterday that he
by MPG  (2024-04-18 10:59:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

believes two transfer forwards could be added to the roster with campus visits underway, including this Blue/Gold weekend. As Dillon noted in a post today, there are several outstanding transfer prospects still uncommitted. ND could combine one of them with another transfer who would be added for depth.

Good point. *
by MountainMan  (2024-04-18 11:27:42)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not any more than we already should have been.
by NDMike2001  (2024-04-18 09:05:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Hannah
Olivia / Emma
Soni / KK
Maddy / Cass
Kate / Nat
(Kylee)

The roster above is a championship caliber roster. But for Kylee's injury, Niele probably only needed a backup combo guard. Annas aren't exactly easy to find, but that's probably what was needed.

I'm not worried insofar as there are plenty of players in the portal. However, I am somewhat bothered by the fact that either a.) neither Nat nor KK wanted to be a part of the run or b.) one or both were aware that their positions would be potentially challenged by portal additions.

So to answer your question, I'm not worried that we haven't had any announcements yet, but I'm worried that we needed them in the first place.

You can also look at it as "days since the season ended"
by GriffinGold16  (2024-04-18 07:46:26)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

This year the national championship game was on April 7th. It's been 11 days.

In 2023 the NCG was on April 2nd. Anna announced 15 days later.

In 2022 the NCG was on April 3rd. Kylee and Jenna announced 23 days later and Ebo announced 25 days later.

So in that regard it's still early.

Even if you take into account when Notre Dame's season ended, well, they made the same round every one of those years so relatively it's the same.

Another way of looking at it would be when each of those players entered the transfer portal.

Watson entered on March 28 and was in it for nearly a month. Brown entered on April 8th and was only in it for 18 days. Ebo entered on April 12 and committed 16 days later.

Point being, lots of angles here!

P.S. it's noteworthy that KK and Nat haven't landed anywhere either. I don't think they're coming back but it's another barometer we can use to gauge things

Based on Your Reseach, Should We Be Seeing Something?
by dillon77  (2024-04-18 06:37:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...seems right. It's April 18th, which is just one day after Anna and before all the rest (I'm not counting Maya due to her particular situation.)

- It's been posted/written that both Caitlyn Weimar and Liza Karlen were on campus at some point. Weimar looks to be taking another visit to NC State (which strikes me as prudent given how much of a premium bigs carry at all times).

- If there is continued mutual interest between them and ND, the next step would be fir admissions and academic offices to review applications and trasnscripts, right? I've got no idea how long the give and take between ND and other schools/departments take.

- After that point, yes, it would be great to see some white smoke or a post on instagram/X.

- As we've all discussed, Niele is very particular about players. This year is made even more interesting because the Irish -- at 4 of their 5 positions -- look loaded to make a run at the Final Four. They have two young talents coming off injury on the bench and a 5-star post coming onto campus.

It could be a hard sell to some players who are used to being the focus of their former teams' attention.

- But Niele needs players. At least, two. Probably three, to be safe. Got to think the whole staff is working overtime.

Let's see what the next week brings, if Karlen/Weimar announce (and where they're going.), it could tell a lot.

Go Irish.

(p.s. That's the practical, get-things-done side of me. The fan in me is nervous, yes.)