Dee Alexander Commits to ...Cincy (not Illinois or Ohio St.)
by dillon77 (2024-04-17 19:00:54)
Edited on 2024-04-17 19:16:34

Katrina Merriweather, who worked with three-star recruits at both Wright State and Memphis, just landed her first five-star recruit. Huge move for a team that was in the Big East and now will be joining a Big 12 that will be losing Texas and Oklahoma to the SEC.

BTW, former ND player Ashley Barlow has been with Merriweather at all these schools and is the offensive coordinator for the team. She's going to have some fun.

Can't tell the teams without a scorecard ...
by CJC  (2024-04-17 19:08:56)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Cincinnati is in the Big XII, at least today.

Or the NL East, I think.

Yep, It's all about the almighty 💵 for majority of these TP *
by bohratom  (2024-04-17 22:42:53)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

NL Central *
by MPG  (2024-04-17 20:05:22)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I Stand Corrected (I Think....)
by dillon77  (2024-04-17 19:15:19)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Wasn't it just a year or two ago, they were getting their you know what's kicked by UConn?

Thanks for correction....but you get the point: lesser-known school lands huge commit. (At least for a year, right?)

Definitely get the point ...
by CJC  (2024-04-17 19:17:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

One of these days I'll bore all of you with my rant about how mid-major basketball programs, at least on the men's side, are on a path to extinction.

To your point, "gets" like this will become even more rare in the future.

Look Forward To It...
by dillon77  (2024-04-17 19:23:48)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...and I'll stick with that parting phrase...let's see how long said 5-star sticks with it. Better keep working on the transfer portal, Coach Merriweather.

Don't encourage him. *
by Slotts  (2024-04-17 20:32:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Correct. Big 12. *
by irishhawk49  (2024-04-17 19:10:14)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Plus incorrect, NL Central *
by EastofMidnight  (2024-04-17 19:13:40)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

I'm proud of my diminished interest in MLB *
by CJC  (2024-04-17 19:16:02)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Apparently it was never too great.
by SorinBasement  (2024-04-17 20:32:12)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

The Reds were never in the NL East.

Based upon the totality of your contributions here ...
by CJC  (2024-04-17 20:52:54)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

it's clear that I've forgotten more about sports (like, momentarily, which divisions the Reds have played in) than you'll ever understand.