Lucy Olsen to Iowa
by RISteve (2024-04-17 18:53:00)

There was a bit of chatter about ND, but mostly Iowa was the thought.

Per Talia Goodman

Never Figured Out Why There Was Even a Bit....
by dillon77  (2024-04-17 18:57:03)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...when Iowa needs scorers to take over for CC and Kate Martin and ND needs...some help off the bench?

She'll get them through this year until recruits like Addy Deal arrive.

if they can pick up a good post player to relieve Stuelke
by kdh325  (2024-04-18 08:18:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

inside, they could be pretty good next year.

Read One or Two Stories That Have Stuellke ...
by dillon77  (2024-04-18 09:07:17)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...moving to power forward and giving Goodman full-time shot at center next to her. Apparently, Clark was very hard on Goodman and the thought was she might do better not looking over her shoulder (apparently Clark was a hard taskmaster).

Bluder/Jan Jensen have done a good job with post play in the past, so it will be interesting to see what approach they take next season.

Dillon, you bring up something I noticed during every
by bohratom  (2024-04-18 10:56:07)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Iowa game I watched last season which was probably around 5 or so. During time outs and with the Camera following the Iowa Bench it was apparent that Clark did not like to listen to what Coach Bluder said in the huddle and you could see her talking back many times disagreeing with her. I also noticed during games she would be shaking her head no some times when Coach was shouting her info from the sidelines. Did you or anyone else pick up the same vibes between the two?

One of my gd’s played AAU with her and
by nd67  (2024-04-18 14:53:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

said CC is very self confident, assertive and cocky, this
as hs sophomore. Very nice but all business on the
courts. Maybe players should disagree more, coaches
aren’t infallible. But CC is unique in many ways, physically
and mentally.

Pretty sure they are maxed out at 15 after Olsen's
by IrishIowa20  (2024-04-18 08:56:27)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

commitment. Scherr cancelled her visit that was set for today. No scholarships left.

they had 14 players on the team; lost 4 seniors and
by kdh325  (2024-04-18 12:34:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

picked up Olsen. One girl is on scholarship that will never player due to an auto accident. Wouldn't that leave 3 more?