Wasn't that a big hit by Jay and the Americans? *
by Homeboy73 (2024-04-17 14:03:52)

In reply to: Cara Consuegra is the next Marquette HC  posted by RISteve

This user did not provide content for this post

In a little cafe on the other side of the border.. *
by BTFNDGUY  (2024-04-17 18:50:11)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

POTD *
by SB Jimbo  (2024-04-17 15:49:01)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

We'll play your timely request here at McGraw's Bench where
by MPG  (2024-04-17 14:12:00)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

many golden oldies are playing!

Very much obliged. They played at my high school junior
by Homeboy73  (2024-04-17 14:16:50)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

prom. Mid-show they announced that their next song was their biggest money-maker. They broke into “Things go better with Coca Cola, things go better with Coke”.

That is a great story from the days when rock was young and
by MPG  (2024-04-17 14:32:57)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

anything was possible when it came to groups performing at schools...

I Saw Vanilla Fudge in the Bleachers of a Local High School
by dillon77  (2024-04-17 16:03:43)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

...and it was a small high school!

And then I was the stage "guard" for Pete Seeger at my high school. Not that anyone would rush him singing "Little Boxes" or "Turn, Turn, Turn."

Good guy, btw. His wife was tough.