Hey Raoul (& Others): Hear Anything about Marquette HC?
by dillon77 (2024-04-16 19:47:27)

Been awhile since Duffy left for Va. Tech. Search is taking (more than) a bit....hear anything via the Golden Eagle network?

All I saw was Skim Milkey (edited)
by Raoul  (2024-04-16 20:30:35)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Which appears to be Berube of Princeton and Gillespie of Illinois State.

Decent choices if down to those two. I suspect they want someone who might stay if successful (i.e. older than Duffy).

Not surprised all candidates were women. The AD knows Muffet well and is no doubt influenced that way by her.

EDIT: Anonymous Eagle says the one that looks like Berube is actually the Charlotte coach, a former Marquette assistant. I would consider that a terrible hire. Consuegara makes about $220K and Gillespie $260K. They are clearly looking to save some money if those are the final two. Gillespie has been much more successful.

Gillespie has Done a Good Job
by dillon77  (2024-04-17 06:16:47)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Yeah, I didn't think that Berube would be interested: she's apparently happy at Princeton and -- if you scan the Boneyard -- one of the top two favorites (Shea Ralph being the other) to take over for Geno if and when he finally departs.

i heard Holy Cross head coach was also in consideration
by navarre  (2024-04-16 20:44:16)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Not sure she is ready, to move from the America East at UNH to the patriot league at HC to the big east is quite a jump. And the Patriot League has been down the last few years.

I had not seen anything on that, but not surprised
by Raoul  (2024-04-16 21:02:44)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

her name surfaced. Last two times they went younger. They seem to be looking at mid 40-somethings this time around. Berube and Gillespie played big time WBB, but their coaching careers are lower levels. But they also have considerable experience as HCs.

I assume a name will arise tomorrow or Thursday at the latest. It's time and time is a wasting if they are going to salvage things. I am shocked more have not entered the portal (just two, though they really only have a couple players left between graduation and portal). Maybe Hare will consider returning. Karlen obviously gone.

HC HC (Whoa!) Maureen Magarity Has Good Blood Lines, Too
by dillon77  (2024-04-17 06:25:04)     cannot delete  |  Edit  |  Return to Board  |  Ignore Poster   |   Highlight Poster  |   Reply to Post

Her dad was HC at Marist (guys) for years and she played and graduated there.

Been at HC a few years at HC and gotten them into the NCAA the last two years, playing at Iowa. They beat Melissa D'Amico Graves' Boston U Team twice to win the Patriot League.

She's got a very good grad transfer, Bronagh Power-Cassidy, who might be waiting to see what Marquette decides.