Well-Done on ND. I'll Add a Bit There & on Iowa
by dillon77 (2024-04-16 14:01:34)

In reply to: Can't make a single assumption on what if scenarios  posted by SixShutouts66

- If Muffet had stayed, Niele would probably still be coaching in the NBA.
MM's refined Princeton-based system would probably have been the basis for the offense, giving allowances to Clark's specialties/preferences (think of the leeways designed for Jewell, Arike, etc.)

- As such, some players might've stayed, most notably Sam Brunelle, who would've had a field day getting open passes from Caitlin Clark. Abby Prohaska would've thrived being CC's wingman/protector, etc.

- Beth Morgan Cunningham -- assisted by Michaela -- would still be overseeing recruiting and the combination of offense/CC would probably have focused on some players with different skill sets.
I doubt Olivia would've come. Sonia could play with anyone, but wanted to play with Olivia, so who knows where they would've ended up? Stanford?

- However, I think there's a good chance Maddy would still have come to ND.

- Meanwhile at Iowa. The combination of Lisa Bluder/Jan Jensen have always managed to get pretty decent guard/center combinations. Not necessarily highly rated, but good. Remember Katherine Doyle and Megan Gustafson?

My guess is they'd be in the top third of the B1G, made up of four and three-star players who were coached up.